We have some exciting events coming up! Please read below for more information.

The Fiddlehead Fling Benefit Auction:: May 3 (RSVP by April 25)

Adult Workshop: The Stories our Bodies Tell:: April 25

After Hours Social: Hood Museum:: April 25

How to Sushi:: April 25

WASTE LAND Documentary at the Grange Theatre:: April 27

Family Day: Circles, Circles Everywhere:: April 28

Join the Upper Valley Young Professionals at TRAIL BREAK  Taps & Tacos:: April 29

Valley Improv Show at the Grange Theatre:: May 3

Tanglewood Marionettes present The Fairy Circus:: May 4

Introduction to Estate Planning:: May 8

The Fiddlehead Fling Benefit Auction

Date: Friday, May 3, 6 PM

Location: Montshire Museum of Science, One Montshire Road, Norwich VT

Cost: $100 per person, $90 per person if the reservation is for eight people or more

Join us for an exciting evening of socializing and bidding at the Montshire Museum's 2019 Benefit Auction, the Fiddlehead Fling, on Friday, May 3. All proceeds from this special event support the Montshire’s education programs, which bring the joy of learning and discovery to thousands of children and families across Vermont and New Hampshire each year. If you are unable to attend, you can still support Montshire's education programs by giving now to Fund a Need or by purchasing a raffle entry for a beautiful pair of diamond earrings.

RSVP & Questions?  Contact the Montshire Museum of Science at 802-649-2200

https://www.formstack.com/forms/mms-auction_registration_2019

Adult Workshop: The Stories Our Bodies Tell

Date: Thursday, April 25, 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.

Location: Hood Museum of Art

Cost: Free, register by April 22

Artist Wangechi Mutu stated, “Females carry the marks, languages and nuances of their culture more than the male. Anything that is desired or despised is always placed on the female body.” Through this lens, using conversation and writing prompts, we will explore the female figure across cultures and time.

RSVP & Questions?  Contact the Hood Museum of Art at [log in to unmask] or 603-646-2808

https://hoodmuseum.dartmouth.edu/events/event?event=55529

After Hours Social Event

Date: Thursday, April 25, 5:00pm – 7:00pm

Location: Hood Museum of Art, Russo Atrium

Cost: Free

All college and DHMC employees are invited to the After Hours Socials to catch up with colleagues and meet new friends. Please join us at the Hood Museum. The event includes complimentary appetizers and we will draw names for free giveaways. Beverages will be available for purchase. No Registration required. First 25 people will receive a voucher for one drink.

RSVP & Questions?  Contact the Human Resources department at 603-646-3411 or [log in to unmask]

How to Sushi

Date: Thursday, April 25, 5:30pm – 7:30pm

Location: Coop Learning Center, 12 Centerra Parkway, Lebanon, NH

Cost: $45 per person

Join Co-op Food Educator Lindsay Smith at the Culinary Learning Center for a fun, hands-on class as we explore making sushi. You will be shown how to make the perfect sushi rice, how to customize your rolls with a variety of ingredients and even add some flare to your presentation. Each participant will make 4-5 rolls, including a dessert roll. Come prepared to roll, create, laugh and eat. Grab your friends; this is a great group activity. Wine and beer will be served. Must be 21 years of age or older.

RSVP & Questions?  Contact the Hanover Chamber of Commerce at [log in to unmask]

http://www.hanoverchamber.org/events/details/muuv-how-to-sushi-5263

WASTE LAND Documentary at the Grange Theatre

Date: Saturday, April 27, 4:00pm – 6:00pm

Location: The Grange Theatre, 65 Stage Road, South Pomfret, VT

Cost: $7 per person

In honor of Earth Day this April we will be showing the documentary film WASTE LAND on the big screen at the Grange Theatre. Filmed over nearly three years, WASTE LAND follows renowned artist Vik Muniz as he journeys from his home base in Brooklyn to his native Brazil and the world's largest garbage dump, Jardim Gramacho, located on the outskirts of Rio de Janeiro. There he photographs an eclectic band of “catadores”—self-designated pickers of recyclable materials. Muniz’s initial objective was to “paint” the catadores with garbage. However, his collaboration with these inspiring characters as they recreate photographic images of themselves out of garbage reveals both the dignity and despair of the catadores as they begin to re-imagine their lives. Director Lucy Walker (DEVIL’S PLAYGROUND, BLINDSIGHT and COUNTDOWN TO ZERO) and co-directors Joćo Jardim and Karen Harley have great access to the entire process and, in the end, offer stirring evidence of the transformative power of art and the alchemy of the human spirit. Directed by Lucy Walker

RSVP & Questions?  Contact Marie Cross at [log in to unmask] or 802-457-3500

https://artistreevt.org/waste-land.html

Family Day: Circles, Circles Everywhere!

Date: Sunday, April 28, 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Location: Hood Museum of Art

Cost: Free

Artists have explored the circle for centuries. Join the Hood Museum for in-gallery activities, art making, and more! At 2:00 pm, don't miss a performance by renowned juggler Jason Tardy in our atrium. For children ages 4-12 with their adult companions. No registration required.

RSVP & Questions?  Contact the Hood Museum of Art at [log in to unmask] or 603-646-2808

https://hoodmuseum.dartmouth.edu/events/event?event=55532&listing=1

Join the Upper Valley Young Professionals at TRAIL BREAK Taps & Tacos

Date: Monday, April 29, 6:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.

Location: TRAIL BREAK taps & tacos, 129 South Main Street, WRJ, VT 05001

Cost: Free

If you are new to the area or to Upper Valley Young Professionals (UVYP): We don't have age limits for UVYP. Event attendees are generally those in their 20's, 30's, and 40's who live and/or work in the Upper Valley. In collaboration with our partners, UVYP provides some appetizers, the venue, and name tags to facilitate the mix & mingle. We are very excited to partner with Windsor County Mentors (WCM) this month! If you are looking to get more involved in the community, make sure to check out their page. WCM will be at Trail Break, so this will be a great opportunity to learn more and ask questions.

RSVP & Questions?  Contact the Upper Valley Young Professionals through Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/events/2243284219332733/

Valley Improv Show at the Grange Theatre

Date: Friday, May 3, 7:00pm – 9:00pm

Location: The Grange Theatre, 65 Stage Road, South Pomfret, VT

Cost: $10 per person

The premiere improvisational comedy troupe of the Upper Valley comes to the Grange Theatre! FOUNDED IN 2008 and based in the Upper Valley of New Hampshire and Vermont, Valley Improv has been performing fun and energetic comedy all around northern New England for eleven years. Our style is IMPROVISATIONAL COMEDY, a form of live theater in which the plot, characters and dialogue are made up on the spot from audience suggestions and structures that we call “games”.

RSVP & Questions?  Contact Marie Cross at [log in to unmask] or 802-457-3500

https://artistreevt.org/valley-improv-show.html

Tanglewood Marionettes present The Fairy Circus

Date: Saturday, May 4, 10:00am – 11:00am

Location: The Grange Theatre, 65 Stage Road, South Pomfret, VT

Cost: Ages 5 and under FREE, 6-12 $5 and Adults $10

Featuring over twenty beautifully hand-crafted marionettes, The Fairy Circus is a showcase for turn-of-the-century-style trick puppetry. Tanglewood Marionettes’ presentation of The Fairy Circus begins with a brief demonstration of the art of puppetry. Through humorous interplay, the audience will learn about various forms of puppets, from the simple glove puppet to the sophisticated marionette. The puppets will dance, play instruments, juggle, contort, transform, and fly through the air with the greatest of ease, all to the best-loved music of favorite composers! The Fairy Circus is geared primarily toward children from pre-Kindergarten through Grade 2. The production is approximately 40 minutes in length, and includes the Puppetry Demonstration prior to the show, and a Question and Answer Session following the performance, as well as a Magical Fairy Crown Workshop at 11am! Pre-registration is required: Magical Fairy Crown Workshop

RSVP & Questions?  Contact Marie Cross at [log in to unmask] or 802-457-3500

https://artistreevt.org/tanglewood-marionettes-present-the-fairy-circus.html

Introduction to Estate Planning

Date: Wednesday, May 8, 6:00pm – 7:30pm

Location: Holiday Inn Express, 121 Ballardvale Drive, White River Junction, VT 05001

Cost: Free

What is "probate"? What is the difference between a will and a revocable trust? What are general powers of attorney and healthcare directives? Get answers to these questions and more by attending this free seminar on estate planning. Participants will learn the basics of the probate process and receive an introduction to estate planning techniques. Ample time will be allotted for Q&A with participants. *The Presenter can address questions of a general nature, but cannot give legal advice regarding specific situations.

RSVP & Questions?  Contact the Hanover Chamber of Commerce at [log in to unmask]

http://www.hanoverchamber.org/events/details/muuv-introduction-to-estate-planning-5362

Thank you,

After Hours | Dartmouth College

7 Lebanon Street, Suite 203
Hanover, NH 03755-2112
603.646.3411 – Phone

603.646.1297 – Fax

www.dartmouth.edu/~hrs/afterhours

To unsubscribe from the AFTER-HOURS list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=AFTER-HOURS