GET OUTSIDE THIS WEEKEND!!!

We're running TONS of cool trips this weekend! To sign up, blitz the leader or fill out the google form linked below!

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY      What: JOHN RAND'S LAST STAND CABIN OVERNIGHT
 When: 8 PM Thursday – 8 AM Friday
Why: John Rand is either going to be repaired...or burnt down. Come for Johnny's grand send-off.
Level : 1 (half mile hike in)
Leaders: Kevin Donohue '21 and Adam McQuilkin '22
Cost: $1 DOC, $3 not DOC
Link to sign up: https://goo.gl/forms/RSJoG7FYhkbZVDdQ2
THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY      What: Firebuild trip
When: 5pm-7pm
Why: You can't start a fire without a spark, and you can't be a leader in cabin and trail without coming and learning how to start a fire.
 Level: 0
Leader: Matt Radosevich
Cost: Free for DOC members, $1 nonmembers
Gear: Just warm clothes and some water
Blitz [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to sign up.

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY
        What: Overnight at Billings Cabin + Hike up Mt. Adams!
When: Friday 6PM - Saturday 5PM at the latest
Why: Because you need a nice break away from the stresses of projects and exams.
Stay at a cozy cabin, get in another 4000-footer the next day, and see the foliage from the top of Adams!
Level : 4
Leaders: Matt Radosevich and Seamore Zhu
Cost: $8 DOC, $14 not-yet
Gear: warm layers!, sleeping bag (can be borrowed!), at least 2L of water, hat, glove, hiking shoes, and a day pack
Blitz/link: Blitz [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with DA$H and dietary restrictions to sign up!
FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY
        What: Mink Brook Bird Hike
When: Friday 6:30-8:30am
Why: Because birds rule and its free
Level: 1
Leaders: Ben and Madi
Cost: FREE
Gear: Hiking shoes
Blitz: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to sign up!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY      What: Mt Gile sunsike
When: 5-7:30 PM
Why: fun food and fraaands! Less than 2 miles roundtrip, fire tower on top, beautiful views and peak foliage
 Level: 1 Leaders: Fionnuala Murphy and Abigail Lambert
Cost: DOC $1/non-DOC $2 Gear: hiking boots or sneakers, water bottle, headlamp, daypack, layers
Blitz: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> (with your DASH number!)
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY
        What: Hike to HARFEST!!!
When: Saturday 11-4
Why: The O-farm is 3.5 miles away (one way) and we’ll have plenty of time to hang and enjoy the Harfest!! It will be a very ~fall~ excursion with good vibes and good food!!
 Level : 0-1
Leaders: Ronnie Ahlborn, Christopher Cartwright
Cost: Free!! Even the Harfest part (what?!)
Gear: Good shoes to walk in and a good attitude
Blitz/link: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to sign up!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY
        What: Holt’s Ledge Hike!!!
 When: Saturday, 10/20/2018 from 9am-12:30pm
 Why: Awesome views with awesome people, what’s not to love? Join us on our 4 mile jaunt to bid goodbye to the last of the fall colors, and breath in some fresh air that has not been circulated 50,000 times through Baker-Berry as we grind through #midtermsseason
Level : 2 Leaders: Mia Kobs and Maya Khanna
Cost: 2$ DOC, 4$ non-DOC
Gear: Hiking boots/sturdy sneakers, 2 liters of water, warm layers because it might get cold or rainy
Blitz/link: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> , [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to sign up!

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY    What: The Trailwork Trip to End All Trailwork Trips (at least for now)
When: 8AM - 5PM
 Why: Because we can FINALLY! FINALLY! finish this bog bridge building project. Help free us from our cycles of servitude. Kill the bog!!!!
 Level: 1.5 (some hiking, minimal wood carrying)
Leaders: Maddy Kroot and John Brady
Cost: FREE!!!!!
Gear: layers, waterproof boots are a plus!
Blitz: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with any dietary restrictions to sign up!
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY    What: A hike up Mount Washington
When: Sunday from 7am-6pm
Why: Because its an awesome trail, great views from the top, and you get to be the tallest person in New England when you're on top. About 10 beautiful miles along a pristine and not too technical trail. Hopefully the cold weather means fewer tourists at the top as well, which would be a bonus.
Level: 4 Leaders: Ben Schelling and Ethan Goldman
Cost: $9 DOC, $17 not yet DOC
Gear: Warm jacket, boots, microspikes. You can borrow anything you don't have from the DOR
Blitz: Blitz [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you are interested in going!

xoxo

Anna and Dev