Hello, all:

My apologies for the error in the previous email: Diego Puga’s seminar will be on October 16th (amended announcement below).

Thank you for your understanding,

Galen Muskat

******

Diego Puga (CEMFI) will present:

"Urban Growth and its Aggregate Implications"

***Paper Not Available***

at 12:15pm on Tuesday, October 16th, 2018 in (051 Buchanan) Volanakis - TUCK

Lunch will be served at noon.

If you will be attending the Lunch Seminar please RSVP to Galen Muskat at TUCK so he can order the appropriate amount of food.

Please sign up for a meeting, lunch, or dinner at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_M4t_kdotBkxq4PfUoqFYG1ggCdD7YQR-IoJdaCZ3Jc/edit?usp=sharing

ABSTRACT:

We develop an urban growth model where human capital concentration promotes entrepreneurship and raises city productivity. Land-use regulation balances commuting and housing costs against productivity gains to benefit local residents. Systematic determinants and productivity shocks drive city growth, generating realistic city-size distributions. Cities experience parallel growth in expectation, while subject to ups and downs around this common trend. Growth of existing cities and net city entry accommodate aggregate population growth. Matching key empirical regularities at the city and economy-wide levels, we explore the contribution of cities to aggregate growth and income levels and the economy-wide consequences of land use regulations.

Galen F. Muskat | Academic Coordinator

Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth

310 Tuck Hall | Hanover, NH 03755-9000

P: (603) 646-1862

LinkedIn

To unsubscribe from the ECONOMICS-SEMINARS list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=ECONOMICS-SEMINARS