So I woke up a bit after midnight and had this thought:   I should go try for the NeCo.  In Gorham, NH.  It’s been on the NH List Serve for awhile.

So I blasted off at 7:30….. made it to Gorham Power Station about 9:25…..and by 9:30 I was looking at my first Neotropic Cormorant.  It was right on the buoy line above the falls.

Then after about 15,  it hopped into the water…..went below the dam…..and stood on a rock in the stream for an hour, right next to 3 Double-crested’s.  Sweet !

I took some fair photos through my scope with my iPhone.  Some aren’t bad.

1 Osprey, 1 Spotted Sandpiper, and 4 Common Mergs.

The Neotropic is smaller. This seemed to be an adult non-breeding. The base of the bill has a more acute angle than the DCCO.  Smaller bill, longer tail.  Nice bird !

A woman said it had been around since early August.

Happy trails

BiSh

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask] UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask] CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]