Adriaan Soetevent (Dartmouth Visiting Fellow) will present:
"Tailored Feedback and Worker Green Behavior: Field Evidence from Bus Drivers"
at 3:20pm on Wednesday, September 26, 2018 in 310 Silsby.

ABSTRACT:

How to engage workers in conversation efforts when the company pays the bill? In a field experiment with 409 bus drivers, we investigate the potential of targeted peer-comparison feedback and on-the-road coaching. Drivers receive individualized reports with peer-comparison messages on multiple driving dimensions. In addition, coaches quasi randomly provide drivers with in person coaching moments on the bus. Based on 800,000 trip-level observations, we find that the targeted peer-comparison treatments do not improve driving. On-the-road coaching significantly improves driving on multiple dimensions but only temporarily. Further analysis reveals negative interaction effects between the two programs.