Hey Everyone!

Fall is here, so get stoked for some of the best riding of the year! The dirt is loamy, the trail gnomes have been building all summer, and best of all your favorite mountain biking club has a sweet lineup of events and gear for the season...

Want to ride here? We'll have a trip to kingdom later this term!

So, here are some things happening very soon this term:

Racing:
As a DMBC first, we're working with the DCT to hit up collegiate and series mountain bike races in the Northeast this fall. The races are at the very beginning of this term (weekends of September 15th, 22nd, and October 6th), at some iconic New England spots like Burke Mountain, Potsdam NY, and Highland Bike Park! Each race will feature a variety of mountain biking events (XC races, dual slalom, downhill, enduro, etc.) and tiered categories so people will be racing against others at a similar skill level. If you are interested in racing, please contact me ASAP so we can start to figure out head counts and logistics.

ECCC Race Info: http://collegiatecycling.org/eccc/wiki/index.php?n=Calendar.Current

Trips:
I'm planning on budgeting for at least a big kingdom trip for this term, which will probably happen late October-ish, and possibly a North Conway trip as well if there's interest. Per usual we'll be running Oak Hill and Boston Lot trips regularly, and by popular demand we're gonna try to get more beginner-friendly trips going!

New Bikes!
As many of you know, we're selling off some of the current fleet of bikes to make room for some new steeds from Santa Cruz. Unfortunately we don't have an exact date on these bikes yet, but we're hoping to get them in the next few weeks. When the bikes do arrive we'll organize some build sessions so people can learn some of the basics about assembling and tuning a mountain bike.

Finally, if anyone has any ideas for the club, or things they want to make happen, please reach out to any of the DMBC leaders or myself so we can try to help make it happen.

Happy Trails,
Ben Zdasiuk