hey chris, on the subject of parking/cars/roads, have you or anyone else noticed the huge number of dead gray and red squirrels that are being hit by cars this year?  my hypothesis is that there is such a lack of mast in the woods (i didn’t see a single cone on any of the conifers while on the long trail hiking, from massachusetts to app gap, nor did i see acorns or mountain ash berries), and the animals are having to travel more to find food.  i know that doesn’t pertain to birds, but has anyone made finch predictions for the winter yet?    thanks for the heads up on the lot.  jenn