Hi Blake,

For what it's worth I'm at 900 feet in Thetford Center. There's been a hatch of aquatic insects, mostly midges and biting flies, in our wetland, which I think held the nighthawks that I reported. I stood outside and watched them feed for twenty minutes, zig-zagging all over the place, before the sky darkened and the birds began to peel out toward the SE.

At sea level on LI, I used see migrating nighthawks following the line of the primary dunes . . . never too many.

Sounds like yesterday nighthawks moved across the CR valley in a rather broad front. It will be interesting to see if they're out there tonight.

Ted