*Hello UV Birders, My name’s Ben Fletcher, and I’m reaching out on behalf
of the nonprofit program Valley Quest. Valley Quest exists to share the
natural beauty and heritage of the Upper Valley - and at our best, we aim
to nurture respect and stewardship for the natural world among those that
do our Quests. As a new strategy to get more folks to appreciate our
region's natural splendor, we will be organizing a number of group
adventures that will bring residents face to face with some of the local
annual spectacles - like the fall broad-winged hawk migration, the
emergence of salamanders around March and April, and Lady Slippers around
June (and we’re very much open to more ideas).Our program is currently
working to convene a group of birders and non-birders alike on the morning
of Saturday, September 15th, to walk the short trail up Gile Mountain where
we’ll hopefully see a few migrating broad-wings overhead. We’re inviting
all experienced birders to join us, ideally to share your passion and
knowledge with those people young and old who are newer to the world of
birds. The goal is to end the day with more birders than we started. If
you’d like to attend and serve as a guide of sorts, we’d love to hear from
you. You can reach me at [log in to unmask]
<[log in to unmask]> for more info.The morning will also include some
introduction to the region's citizen science programs, like the Vermont
Center for Ecostudies’ iNaturalist project "the Vermont Atlas of Life". The
best viewing spot on the mountain is up the fire-tower, so folks in line
for a turn up top will be invited to contribute observations to the species
catalog of Gile Mountain. It should be a fun time, and we hope you can join
us.Thank you,Ben Fletcher*

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]