Key points: Buzzard's Bay is our fall travel race, 9/16/18. Register by July 30th to get the early bird deal, and write your name on the spreadsheet below so that the team can transport/house/feed you.

But please do read this email in its entirety!

~

Hey triathletes!

18F is still 2 months away, but it's time to start thinking about the BUZZARD'S BAY SPRINT TRIATHLON, especially because registering early will save you some $$$ (and make your captains' lives easier 😉)

When/where?

  • Sunday, September 16 (we will drive down on Saturday, and the team will cover lodging for the night)
  • Westport, MA (~3 hours away)

What?

  • A team TRIdition!
  • 1/3 mile (ocean) swim, 14 mile bike, 3.1 mile run
    • You WILL need a wetsuit, along with all of the standard tri gear, for this race!! Start thinking about this now if you think you are missing any gear.

Who?

  • Any returning tri team member who wants to be an active team member in the fall!
    • Friendly reminder that racing with the team is an expectation for active team members! But never fear -- if you can't make it to this race, we will have an on-campus indoor tri at the end of the fall.

How much ($)?

  • EARLY BIRD DEAL ENDS ON JULY 30th: $80 race fee + $4.40 sign-up fee (+ $15 one-day USAT membership if you're not an annual member)
  • AFTER JULY 30th: $90 race fee + $4.95 sign-up fee (+ $15 one-day USAT membership if you're not an annual member)
  • Good news: the team will partially subsidize your registration! That's about $40 back in your pocket come fall.

I want to come. What next?

THREE VITAL STEPS

  1. Register yourself online.
  2. Write your name on this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kRTveAmMIAhPbKksjeVOW1bmBg-_lZag8T_kAfo1EaA/edit?usp=sharing.
    docs.google.com
    Sheet1 Name, Email, Registered online?, Emailed Sonia receipt?, Bike?, Wetsuit? Sonia Rowley, Sonia. n. rowley. 19@ dartmouth. edu, yes, yes: P, yes, yes

  3. Email [log in to unmask] a copy of your receipt.

How to register online?

2. Go to EVENT: Individual Triathlon. Click "SIGN UP."
3. Put in all your information.
4. Select "Individual Triathlon."
5. Agree to the waiver.
6. If you are an annual USAT member, check “USAT member” and add your membership number. If not, check “not USAT member” and pay a one-day membership fee of $15.
***if you plan on racing more than 3 times in the next year, it’s worth it to become an annual member for $50! You can do that here: https://membership.usatriathlon.org/public/register
7. T-shirt
8. SELECT COLLEGIATE WAVE UNDER CATEGORY!!! Otherwise you can’t score points for our team!!!
9. After filling in emergency contacts, click â€œYES” to Max’s Triathlon Club Series.
10. Enter the name of your club/team: Dartmouth Triathlon Team
11. Enter your credit card information and pay.
12. Add your name to the spreadsheet!
13. Email [log in to unmask] a copy of your receipt.

As always, let the captains know if you have any questions! (Especially if you think you might be missing gear, or would like a refresher on the gear that's needed to race a tri!)

sbr always

Sonia, Tucker, Carly

To unsubscribe from the TRIATHLON list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=TRIATHLON