The highest level of the hierarchy that contains music files and folders is the one iTunes considers its Music folder. The name of that folder shouldn’t matter, unless iTunes’ keep organized box contains a check mark, in which case iTunes will override your own organization performed in Finder for music it’s aware of.  That could make it difficult to know exactly what music content iTunes is trying to manage.

If iTunes has ever correctly located all music files in that hierarchy since contents inside the hierarchy have changed, then correcting the path to the hierarchy is fairly trivial, and that’s  what I’ve been trying to demonstrate. If items inside the hierarchy have been moved and/or reorganized since iTunes was able to locate them, then you may have to manually update iTunes’ records of where those item currently exist by responding to iTunes prompts when it fails to find something. Have you moved things around in the hierarchy of your music then found that the keep organized setting was engaged upon launching iTunes? That could have unexpected results.

Laine Lee