NOT YET!!!

WE STILL HAVE TRIPS GOING OUT!!!!

... ... ...
(that sounds a little grim)
... ... ...
oh well.

* * * * *  * * * * *  * * * * *  * * * * *  * * * * *  * * * * *  * * * * *  * * * * *
Financial aid applies for all trips over $10! And you can rent gear from DOR for FREE! (just ask!)

Blitz the leaders below to sign up!

* * * * *  * * * * *  * * * * *  * * * * *  * * * * *  * * * * *  * * * * *  * * * * *

Our super-beginner friendly trips are marked with *triumphant* *rainbow* *asterisks!*

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAYWhat: *Birding* *Hike* *at* *Mink* *Brook!*
When: Thursday morning: 7-9am
Why: It’s not long (only about 2 miles)
Level: 1
Leaders: Ben Schelling
Cost: FREE for ALL!
Gear: Shoes you do not mind getting wet and binoculars if you have them!
Blitz: [log in to unmask]
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAYWhat: *Moosilauke* *trailwork!*
When: 8am - 4pm (some flexibility so let me know!)
Why: Because chainsaws!
Level: 2.5
Leader: Maddy Kroot
Cost: FREE!
Gear: closed toed shoes, appropriate layers, water, backpack to put it all in (plus some provided tools)
Blitz: [log in to unmask] with your dietary restrictions to sign up!
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAYWhat: Moosilauke!!
When: 9 AM - 5 PM
Why: Come take a break from studying or celebrate being done with finals by hiking moosilauke!! The great views and great people will make the end to spring term the best it can be! Also… I sense ice cream on the way back?
Level: 3.5
Leaders: Michelle Dundek '18 and Jacob Chalif ’21
Cost: $8 non-DOC, $5 DOC member
Gear: two liters of water, study hiking boots or sneakers, non-cotton hiking clothes, and a day pack
Blitz: send DASH and any allergies to [log in to unmask]

but wait what are these levels you speak of...?

Level 0. Total distance traversed is roughly equal to the distance between parking and whatever cabin/diner/roller rink we're going to. It's about the destination, not the journey, alright?
Level 1. More of a chill nature walk. It's been a stressful week and you just want to walk leisurely between some trees, okay?
Level 2. Short hike, but uphill. More than a chill nature walk. You want to walk uphill and maybe sweat a little, is that too much to ask?
Level 3. Longer hike, more uphill. You could maybe get into this whole hiking thing but you're maybe not interested in doing anything all that crazy this weekend, y'know?
Level 4. Longer hike, more uphill, significant elevation gain and you might get above tree-line. You're feeling pretty savvy and you want to bag a bigger peak this weekend, cool?
Level 5. Longest hikes we regularly run, major distances and elevation gain. Those AT thru hikers got nothin' on you, yeah!
Level 6+. Prezi Traverse, Carter Traverse, anytime we carry a canoe up something nonsensical. Okay you might be a little crazy but look at those calves, wow!

Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity: http://outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html