I HAVE NO TIME TO MAKE THIS EMAIL CLEVER!

GET OUTSIDE WITH US THIS WEEK!

*******************

As always, financial aid applies to all trips over $10 and you can borrow
gear from Dartmouth Outdoor Rentals for FREE!

Blitz the leaders below with your DA$H and dietary restrictions to sign up!

*******************

This week, our super beginner-friendly trips are *green italicized verdana!*

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY What: *Ascutney Hike*!
When: Friday, 1 pm - 7 pm
Why: Get your weekend started the right way! Come out and enjoy the good
weather and nice nature. Not too difficult -- everyone should come!
Level : 2.5
Leaders: Anna Ellis and Aiko Takata
Cost: $5 DOC, $8 non-DOC
Gear: layers, water, comfy shoes
Blitz/link: blitz [log in to unmask] with your Dash and any
dietary restrictions
FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY What: *Trailwork! *
When: Friday: 3:43 – 7:31
Why: It’ll be fun and it is FREE!
Level : 1-2
Leaders: Matt R and Chris C
Cost: FREE
Gear: Hiking boots and water (also long pants and bug spray – watch out for
ticks)
Blitz/link: [log in to unmask]
MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY (MEMORIAL DAY) What: Moosilauke Spring Hike!
When: Monday: 9-5 (time could possibly be slightly altered)
Why: It’ll be a beautiful day and a nice way to finish off DOC formal!
Level : 4
Leaders: Anna Ellis and Chris C
Cost: $5 DOC, $8 Non-DOC
Gear: Hiking boots, water, jacket, long pants, bug spray
Blitz/link: [log in to unmask]
MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY (MEMORIAL DAY) What: Hike Owl's Head!
When: Monday (Memorial Day) 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Why: Come hike (what some people probably consider) the single best 4000er
out there! This is a long hike at 18 miles. Don't worry if you have DOC
Formal - we can pick you up at the Lodge. Most of the trail to Owl's Head
is flat, except for a very steep stretch by the summit. Views might be
limited, but the fun isn't!
Level: 5
Leaders: Matt Magann and Michelle Dundek
Cost: $9 DOC, $13 Not-Yet-DOC
Gear: At least 3 liters of water, shoes you feel comfortable hiking in, a
backpack, a non-cotton warm layer, and a windbreaker. Let us know if you
need to borrow anything.
Link: Blitz [log in to unmask] and
[log in to unmask] to sign up!
MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY (MEMORIAL DAY) What: *Moose Mountain Hike and
Trailwork*
When: 8 A.M.-1 P.M. Monday (MEMORIAL DAY FUN!)
Why: It's a holiday! Come take a break from the grind and all-too-familiar
sights of the library for some fun time in nature. We'll be doing a shorter
4 mile hike up Moose while maintaining the trail, so people can hike there
in the future! Hope to see you there!
Level: 2 out of 5
Leaders: Adam Burnett '18 (Leader), Justin Kramer '21 (Heeler)
Cost: FREE because Trailwork!
Gear: We'll provide the tools, more details to come on gear depending on
weather
Blitz [log in to unmask] by 9 AM Friday if you want to come!

What? Levels!

*Level 0*. Total distance traversed is roughly equal to the distance
between parking and whatever cabin/diner/roller rink we're going to. *It's
about the destination, not the journey, alright?*
*Level 1*. More of a chill nature walk. *It's been a stressful* *week* *and*
 *you just want to walk leisurely between some trees, okay?*
*Level 2.* Short hike, but uphill. More than a chill nature walk. *You want
to walk uphill* *and* *maybe sweat a little, is that too much to ask?*
*Level 3.* Longer hike, more uphill. *You could maybe get* *in**to*
*this* *whole
hiking thing but you're maybe not* *in**terested* *in* *doing anything all
that crazy* *this* *week**end, y'know?*
*Level 4*. Longer hike, more uphill, significant elevation gain and you
might get above tree-line. *You're feeling pretty savvy* *and* *you want to
bag a bigger peak* *this* *week**end, cool?*
*Level 5*. Longest hikes we regularly run, major distances and elevation
gain. *Those AT thru hikers got nothin' on you, yeah!*
*Level 6+.* Prezi Traverse, Carter Traverse, anytime we carry a canoe up
something nonsensical. *Okay you might be a little crazy but look at those
calves, wow!*

Sign up to get *financial aid* on any DOC-related activity:
http://outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html