I HAVE NO TIME TO MAKE THIS EMAIL CLEVER!

GET OUTSIDE WITH US THIS WEEK!

*******************

As always, financial aid applies to all trips over $10 and you can borrow gear from Dartmouth Outdoor Rentals for FREE!

Blitz the leaders below with your DA$H and dietary restrictions to sign up!

*******************

This week, our super beginner-friendly trips are green italicized verdana!

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAYWhat: Ascutney Hike!
When: Friday, 1 pm - 7 pm
Why: Get your weekend started the right way! Come out and enjoy the good weather and nice nature. Not too difficult -- everyone should come!
Level : 2.5
Leaders: Anna Ellis and Aiko Takata
Cost: $5 DOC, $8 non-DOC
Gear: layers, water, comfy shoes
Blitz/link: blitz [log in to unmask] with your Dash and any dietary restrictions
FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAYWhat: Trailwork!
When: Friday: 3:43 – 7:31
Why: It’ll be fun and it is FREE!
Level : 1-2
Leaders: Matt R and Chris C
Cost: FREE
Gear: Hiking boots and water (also long pants and bug spray – watch out for ticks)
Blitz/link: [log in to unmask]
MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY (MEMORIAL DAY)What: Moosilauke Spring Hike!
When: Monday: 9-5 (time could possibly be slightly altered)
Why: It’ll be a beautiful day and a nice way to finish off DOC formal!
Level : 4
Leaders: Anna Ellis and Chris C
Cost: $5 DOC, $8 Non-DOC
Gear: Hiking boots, water, jacket, long pants, bug spray
Blitz/link: [log in to unmask]
MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY (MEMORIAL DAY)What: Hike Owl's Head!
When: Monday (Memorial Day) 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Why: Come hike (what some people probably consider) the single best 4000er out there! This is a long hike at 18 miles. Don't worry if you have DOC Formal - we can pick you up at the Lodge. Most of the trail to Owl's Head is flat, except for a very steep stretch by the summit. Views might be limited, but the fun isn't!
Level: 5
Leaders: Matt Magann and Michelle Dundek
Cost: $9 DOC, $13 Not-Yet-DOC
Gear: At least 3 liters of water, shoes you feel comfortable hiking in, a backpack, a non-cotton warm layer, and a windbreaker. Let us know if you need to borrow anything.
Link: Blitz [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask] to sign up!
MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY (MEMORIAL DAY)What: Moose Mountain Hike and Trailwork
When: 8 A.M.-1 P.M. Monday (MEMORIAL DAY FUN!)
Why: It's a holiday! Come take a break from the grind and all-too-familiar sights of the library for some fun time in nature. We'll be doing a shorter 4 mile hike up Moose while maintaining the trail, so people can hike there in the future! Hope to see you there!
Level: 2 out of 5
Leaders: Adam Burnett '18 (Leader), Justin Kramer '21 (Heeler)
Cost: FREE because Trailwork!
Gear: We'll provide the tools, more details to come on gear depending on weather
Blitz [log in to unmask] by 9 AM Friday if you want to come!

What? Levels!

Level 0. Total distance traversed is roughly equal to the distance between parking and whatever cabin/diner/roller rink we're going to. It's about the destination, not the journey, alright?
Level 1. More of a chill nature walk. It's been a stressful week and you just want to walk leisurely between some trees, okay?
Level 2. Short hike, but uphill. More than a chill nature walk. You want to walk uphill and maybe sweat a little, is that too much to ask?
Level 3. Longer hike, more uphill. You could maybe get into this whole hiking thing but you're maybe not interested in doing anything all that crazy this weekend, y'know?
Level 4. Longer hike, more uphill, significant elevation gain and you might get above tree-line. You're feeling pretty savvy and you want to bag a bigger peak this weekend, cool?
Level 5. Longest hikes we regularly run, major distances and elevation gain. Those AT thru hikers got nothin' on you, yeah!
Level 6+. Prezi Traverse, Carter Traverse, anytime we carry a canoe up something nonsensical. Okay you might be a little crazy but look at those calves, wow!

Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity: http://outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html