{pffft!}
{it's FINALLY SUNNY OUT!!!!}
{so...}
GET OUTSIDE THIS WEEKEND!!!

We're running TONS of cool trips this weekend! To sign up, blitz the leader or fill out the google form linked below!

{We've gone and marked our beginner-friendly trips with #hip #trendy #fixed-width #purple #hashtags.}

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAYWhat: #Smarts #Trailwork!
When: Thursday (time unsure, depends on availability of participants)
Why: Chainsaws! Helping people walk on trails! Heeler requirements!
Level: 2
Leaders: John Brady
Cost: free!
Blitz: [log in to unmask]
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAYWhat: The Mt. Cabot Cabot Cabin Overnight!!
When: Sat 5/12 7 pm—Sun 5/13 6 pm
Why: Want to go on a Cabot–themed cabin overnight to Mt. Cabot? YES YOU DO! Hang out with some awesome people, hike a mountain, and revel in the CnT trip with the most wordplay EVER.
Level : 4
Leaders: Maddy Kroot and Kevin Donohue
Cost: $10 DOC, $18 not DOC
Gear: Sleeping bag (you can borrow this)! Overnight stuff like toothpaste!
Blitz: Blitz [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] with your DASH and your shoe size!!
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAYWhat: #Mink #Brook #Birding #Hike
When: Saturday at 6:30am-8:30am
Why: Because the most knowledgeable people on the topic of Hanover birds will be there. And a special guest: Professor Anne Kapuscinski!
Level: 1
Leaders: Adam Burnett and Ben schelling
Cost: FREE!!
Gear: Sneakers/Hiking boots and binoculars/camera (If you have them)
How to sign up? Blitz: [log in to unmask]
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAYWhat: Mt. Monroe Hike
When: Sunday, 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Why: Beautiful views, above-treeline hiking, great weather, and a chance to climb the 4th-highest peak in New England! 9.5 miles round trip.
Level: 4.5
Leaders: Michelle Dundek and Matt Magann
Cost: $7 DOC, $12 Not-Yet DOC
Gear: Lots of warm layers, sturdy hiking shoes, a daypack, and 3 liters of water. If you need anything, there's lot's of gear available to borrow!
Link:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfgbjUumGeH6cswcJPkcPxrVV13vx734Sn_PMIOuN7oTNiYRQ/viewform
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAYWhat: (Afternoon) Mt Moosilauke Hike
When: 1pm - 6pm (ish, probably a bit longer)
Why: Moosilauke is a super cool mountain with great views and awesome trails. Not many trips go out in the afternoon which should provide interesting spring sunlight as well as the opportunity to sleep in!
Level : 4
Leaders: Anna Ellis & Will French
Cost: $1 DOC $3 Non-DOC
Gear: 1 or 2 1-liter water bottles, Hiking shoes, warm clothes (its still winter in the whites), Micro spikes and optional overboots can be provided by the DOC
Blitz/link: [log in to unmask]
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAYWhat: (All day) Moosilauke Hike!!!
When: Saturday 5/12 8AM-3PM
Why?: Help a heeler get in his last ascension requirement by going on a hike! We'll be hiking up Moosilauke now that the weather's warmer, having some nice trail food and blowing off week 7.
Level: 4
Leaders: Juan Rosales and Jae Hong
Cost: $5 DOC, $7 Non-DOC
Gear: Hiking boots, day pack, 2L of water, rain gear
Blitz [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAYWhat: #Cube #Trailwork
When: 9 am - 5 pm
Why: Trailwork is fun! also a heeler requirement
Level : 2
Leaders: Sean Madden
Cost: Free
Gear: Hiking boots. All other gear will be provided
Blitz/link: Blitz: [log in to unmask] with dash dietary restrictions to sign-up
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAYWhat: #Cube #Trailwork! (#sign #up #for #Saturday #first #if #you're #free #both #days!)
When: Sunday 9-5 (or whatever works best for people)
Why: Rock bars! Helping people walk on trails! Heeler requirements!
Leaders: John Brady
Cost: free!
Blitz: [log in to unmask]
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAYWhat: Mt. Monadnock! with Adam and Shannon!
When: Sunday 8am - 7pm
Why: Sunday will be beaaauutiful and there will be great views and snacks!
Level : 3.5 (8.8 miles)
Leaders: Adam Burnett '18 and Shannon Sartain '21
Cost: $6 DOC and $12 not-yet-DOC
Gear: athletic clothing, hiking boots, some warm layers, 2 lites of water and a small day pack! You can borrow any gear from DOR
Blitz/link: Blitz [log in to unmask] with your dash, dietary restrictions and shoe size to sign up!
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAYWhat: Mt. Tecumseh!!
When: 8:30-3:00
Why: This is a short, relatively easy hike (5 miles round trip) to bag a 4000 footer with great views. Plus, Sunday should have amazing weather!
Level : 3
Leaders: Henry Burns '19 and Bella Jacoby '20
Cost: $5 DOC, $7 not-yet-DOC
Gear: warm clothes (it will be chilly at the top!) including a waterproof shell (can be borrowed from DOR)
Blitz: Blitz [log in to unmask] with shoe size and dietary restrictions to sign up!
NEXT NEXT NEXT WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAYWhat: #John #Rand #Cabin #Overnight
When: 8pm Wednesday to 9am Thursday (we can also come back earlier if you have an early class)
Why: John Rand is a super cool cabin in the woods. We will chill, eat snack, play board games, and generally get away from campus to unwind for a while. Also a good chance to have a fun and wholesome night before greenkey weekend.
Level : 0.3
Leaders: Matt Radosevich and Will French
Cost: $1 DOC $3 Non-DOC
Gear: Sleeping bag, 2 water bottles, toiletries. (you can borrow a sleeping bag from the DOC)
Blitz/link: [log in to unmask]

Your friendly neighborhood end-of-email guide to levels:

Level 0. Total distance traversed is roughly equal to the distance between parking and whatever cabin/diner/roller rink we're going to. It's about the destination, not the journey, alright?
Level 1. More of a chill nature walk. It's been a stressful week and you just want to walk leisurely between some trees, okay?
Level 2. Short hike, but uphill. More than a chill nature walk. You want to walk uphill and maybe sweat a little, is that too much to ask?
Level 3. Longer hike, more uphill. You could maybe get into this whole hiking thing but you're maybe not interested in doing anything all that crazy this weekend, y'know?
Level 4. Longer hike, more uphill, significant elevation gain and you might get above tree-line. You're feeling pretty savvy and you want to bag a bigger peak this weekend, cool?
Level 5. Longest hikes we regularly run, major distances and elevation gain. Those AT thru hikers got nothin' on you, yeah!
Level 6+. Prezi Traverse, Carter Traverse, anytime we carry a canoe up something nonsensical. Okay you might be a little crazy but look at those calves, wow!

Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity: http://outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html