OH MY GOD
WHAT IS THAT GIANT FLAMING SPHERE IN THE SKY????

IT'S FINALLY SPRIIIIIIIIING!
COME HIKING WITH US!

Blitz the leaders or fill out the google forms below to sign up! As always, financial aid is available for trips over $10 and you can rent gear for free for Dartmouth Outdoor Rentals! (just ask!)

We've also gone and marked our super beginner-friendly trips a sophisticated orange Garamond!

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAYWhat: Hinman Cabin Overnight
When: Leaving around 8 p.m. Thursday night, coming back Friday morning whenever people need to be back
Why: Great snacks, great games and great lake views from a cozy cabin
Level: 0
Leaders: Craig Wilcox and Sean Madden
Cost: $1 for both DOC members and non-members
Gear: sleeping bag, water, layers, headlamp. You can borrow a sleeping bag, warm layers or headlamp if you need
Blitz: Blitz [log in to unmask] your DASH, dietary restrictions, and any gear you need to sign up!
FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAYWhat: Pinnacle!!
When: Friday 2:30-5:30pm
Why: Because you want to get outside this weekend but also don't want to miss any weekend festivities
Level: 1.5, a 2.5 mile hike
Leaders: Libby Decker & anyone who wants to be my co-lead :)
Cost: $3 DOC, $5 non
Blitz: [log in to unmask]
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAYWhat: Mt Cube
When: 7AM-1PM Anna-bc we want to be back in time for fun festivities 😉
Why: Level 3, 7.5 miles. Amazing views to effort ratio! Fun friends and food galore!!
Leaders: Anna Ellis and Fionnuala Murphy
Cost: $5 DOC, $8 non-DOC
Gear: warm layers, water bottle, sturdy hiking shoes or sneakers, day pack
Blitz: [log in to unmask] with DASH number, shoe size for microspikes, and dietary restrictions
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAYWhat: Tripyramids hike!
When: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Why: Come for two four-thousand footers, views of mountains in beautiful weather, friendship, good food, and lots of fun :)
Level: 3.5 (it's 11 miles)
Leaders: Ursula Jongebloed and Mary Joy
Cost: $8 DOC, $16 not-yet-DOC
Gear: Warm coat, hiking or athletic pants, hiking boots or running shoes, hat, gloves, non-cotton layers. You can borrow any of these items from the leaders or Dartmouth Outdoor Rentals!
Blitz Mary Joy '21 to sign up
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAYWhat: Montpelier Contra Dance
When: 6:45 pm - 12:00 am
Why: Contra dancing is a fun CnT tradition, and you get to explore the lovely city of Montpelier in the process! Very beginner-friendly, absolutely no dancing experience required.
Level: 0
Leaders: Emma Rieb
Cost: $0 DOC, $3 non-DOC, all bring $10 in cash to get into the dance
Gear: none
Blitz: [log in to unmask] with your DA$H number to sign up!
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAYWhat: Smarts Trailwork!
When: 10:30am-6pm (ish)
Why: because Saturday is going to be beautiful and we should probably see what Smarts looks like on a fun 7-8 mi hike
Level : 3
Leaders: Emma Mazzuchi and Annie Furman
Cost: FREE
Gear: microspikes
Blitz/link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeqI12EGPGF0QxgK4kSWobE8Rd-IS8jeIE8V8kIoxR5TZ8dmQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAYWhat: Monroe
When: 8am-6pm
Why: because it will be a fun hike with (hopefully) great views and there will be snacks
Level: 4, 7ish miles
Leaders: Michelle Dundek and Madylin Partridge
Cost: $7 DOC, $12 not yet DOC
Gear: warm layers, hiking boots, hat, gloves
Blitz/link: blitz [log in to unmask] with your DASH, dietary restrictions, and shoe size to sign up
NEXT NEXT NEXT WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAYWhat: Hinman Cabin Overnight!
When: After Feed (8:30ish) and back before 9Ls
Why: Food, friends, and fun!
Level : 0
Leaders: Dan Pomerantz and Chris Cartwright
Cost: DOC - $3, Non-DOC - $4
Gear: Backpack, water, sleeping bag, anything for an overnight
Blitz/link: [log in to unmask]

****

A Note on Levels!

Level 0. Total distance traversed is roughly equal to the distance between parking and whatever cabin/diner/roller rink we're going to. It's about the destination, not the journey, alright?
Level 1. More of a chill nature walk. It's been a stressful week and you just want to walk leisurely between some trees, okay?
Level 2. Short hike, but uphill. More than a chill nature walk. You want to walk uphill and maybe sweat a little, is that too much to ask?
Level 3. Longer hike, more uphill. You could maybe get into this whole hiking thing but you're maybe not interested in doing anything all that crazy this weekend, y'know?
Level 4. Longer hike, more uphill, significant elevation gain and you might get above tree-line. You're feeling pretty savvy and you want to bag a bigger peak this weekend, cool?
Level 5. Longest hikes we regularly run, major distances and elevation gain. Those AT thru hikers got nothin' on you, yeah!
Level 6+. Prezi Traverse, Carter Traverse, anytime we carry a canoe up something nonsensical. Okay you might be a little crazy but look at those calves, wow!

Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity: http://outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html