OH MY GOD
WHAT IS THAT GIANT FLAMING SPHERE IN THE SKY????

​
IT'S FINALLY SPRIIIIIIIIING!
COME HIKING WITH US!

Blitz the leaders or fill out the google forms below to sign up! As always,
financial aid is available for trips over $10 and you can rent gear for
free for Dartmouth Outdoor Rentals! (just ask!)

We've also gone and marked our super beginner-friendly trips a* sophisticated
orange Garamond!*

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY What: *Hinman Cabin Overnight*
When: Leaving around 8 p.m. Thursday night, coming back Friday morning
whenever people need to be back
Why: Great snacks, great games and great lake views from a cozy cabin
Level: 0
Leaders: Craig Wilcox and Sean Madden
Cost: $1 for both DOC members and non-members
Gear: sleeping bag, water, layers, headlamp. You can borrow a sleeping bag,
warm layers or headlamp if you need
Blitz: Blitz [log in to unmask] your DASH, dietary
restrictions, and any gear you need to sign up!
FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY What: *Pinnacle!!*
When: Friday 2:30-5:30pm
Why: Because you want to get outside this weekend but also don't want to
miss any weekend festivities
Level: 1.5, a 2.5 mile hike
Leaders: Libby Decker & anyone who wants to be my co-lead :)
Cost: $3 DOC, $5 non
Blitz: [log in to unmask]
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY What: Mt Cube
When: 7AM-1PM Anna-bc we want to be back in time for fun festivities 😉
Why: Level 3, 7.5 miles. Amazing views to effort ratio! Fun friends and
food galore!!
Leaders: Anna Ellis and Fionnuala Murphy
Cost: $5 DOC, $8 non-DOC
Gear: warm layers, water bottle, sturdy hiking shoes or sneakers, day pack
Blitz: [log in to unmask] with DASH number, shoe size for
microspikes, and dietary restrictions
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY What: Tripyramids hike!
When: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Why: Come for two four-thousand footers, views of mountains in beautiful
weather, friendship, good food, and lots of fun :)
Level: 3.5 (it's 11 miles)
Leaders: Ursula Jongebloed and Mary Joy
Cost: $8 DOC, $16 not-yet-DOC
Gear: Warm coat, hiking or athletic pants, hiking boots or running shoes,
hat, gloves, non-cotton layers. You can borrow any of these items from the
leaders or Dartmouth Outdoor Rentals!
Blitz Mary Joy '21 to sign up
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY What: *Montpelier Contra Dance*
When: 6:45 pm - 12:00 am
Why: Contra dancing is a fun CnT tradition, and you get to explore the
lovely city of Montpelier in the process! Very beginner-friendly,
absolutely no dancing experience required.
Level: 0
Leaders: Emma Rieb
Cost: $0 DOC, $3 non-DOC, all bring $10 in cash to get into the dance
Gear: none
Blitz: [log in to unmask] with your DA$H number to sign up!
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY What: Smarts Trailwork!
When: 10:30am-6pm (ish)
Why: because Saturday is going to be beautiful and we should probably see
what Smarts looks like on a fun 7-8 mi hike
Level : 3
Leaders: Emma Mazzuchi and Annie Furman
Cost: FREE
Gear: microspikes
Blitz/link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeqI12EGPGF0QxgK4kSWobE8Rd-IS8jeIE8V8kIoxR5TZ8dmQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY What: Monroe
When: 8am-6pm
Why: because it will be a fun hike with (hopefully) great views and there
will be snacks
Level: 4, 7ish miles
Leaders: Michelle Dundek and Madylin Partridge
Cost: $7 DOC, $12 not yet DOC
Gear: warm layers, hiking boots, hat, gloves
Blitz/link: blitz [log in to unmask] with your DASH,
dietary restrictions, and shoe size to sign up
NEXT NEXT NEXT WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY What: *Hinman Cabin Overnight!*
When: After Feed (8:30ish) and back before 9Ls
Why: Food, friends, and fun!
Level : 0
Leaders: Dan Pomerantz and Chris Cartwright
Cost: DOC - $3, Non-DOC - $4
Gear: Backpack, water, sleeping bag, anything for an overnight
Blitz/link: [log in to unmask]

****

A Note on Levels!

*Level 0*. Total distance traversed is roughly equal to the distance
between parking and whatever cabin/diner/roller rink we're going to. *It's
about the destination, not the journey, alright?*
*Level 1*. More of a chill nature walk. *It's been a stressful* *week* *and*
 *you just want to walk leisurely between some trees, okay?*
*Level 2.* Short hike, but uphill. More than a chill nature walk. *You want
to walk uphill* *and* *maybe sweat a little, is that too much to ask?*
*Level 3.* Longer hike, more uphill. *You could maybe get* *in**to*
*this* *whole
hiking thing but you're maybe not* *in**terested* *in* *doing anything all
that crazy* *this* *week**end, y'know?*
*Level 4*. Longer hike, more uphill, significant elevation gain and you
might get above tree-line. *You're feeling pretty savvy* *and* *you want to
bag a bigger peak* *this* *week**end, cool?*
*Level 5*. Longest hikes we regularly run, major distances and elevation
gain. *Those AT thru hikers got nothin' on you, yeah!*
*Level 6+.* Prezi Traverse, Carter Traverse, anytime we carry a canoe up
something nonsensical. *Okay you might be a little crazy but look at those
calves, wow!*

Sign up to get *financial aid* on any DOC-related activity:
http://outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html