Hi Carli (from North Central, where we miss you!),

I have used TalkAbroad (for French) in three different courses, and will continue to do so.  They have recently created the option for 10-minute conversations, which is better for students at the intermediate level.

For us, their system works great.  I have found that the conversation partners are able to adapt to the assigned topics and we’ve had no issues with scheduling conversations.  The francophone backgrounds of many of the conversation partners fits  our curriculum especially well.

Norval Bard

From: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carly Born
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 11:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Using TalkAbroad?

Hi all,

I'm interested to hear from anyone who has used or suggested their students use TalkAbroad. I'm interested to hear how it went and if you would continue to recommend using this company.  Feel free to contact me on or off list. Thanks!

~~

Click here to sign up for scheduled office hours<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/selfsched?sstoken=UUIzXzFjdC16YWFufGRlZmF1bHR8NTc1NWY5OGJlNjk2YTBlZTVkODMwMWI4YmEzNzk2ZmY>
- or -
Feel free to use the Find A Time feature of Google Calendar<https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37161?hl=en&ref_topic=3417926> to propose another meeting time!

Carly J. Born
Academic Technology | Weitz 027C
Carleton College | 507-222-7010 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
[https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B6I1jvY2f3bgc3JNNkVDV2hOdmM&revid=0B6I1jvY2f3bgeUdxUTF2NGV0RmkwdVVqWjJoRi9Wb3RETHNZPQ]