Séan McCann lands in South Pomfret!
Date: Thursday, May 17
Time: 7:30pm

Location:

ArtisTree Community Arts Center

Cost and Registration/Ticket Details:

$20 Tickets - https://artistreevt.org/san-mccann.html

Séan McCann, acclaimed singer-songwriter, JUNO Award nominee, and mental health advocate, is taking his music and his message on the road. Join ArtisTree Community Arts Center Thursday May 17th for an intimate show not to be missed. As a founding member of internationally renowned folk group Great Big Sea, Séan chose to forge his own path five years ago and use his music to help him heal from an alcohol addiction that masked his secret of sexual abuse during his teens. On May 17th, Séan will play music from his fifth solo album, There’s A Place, which sees him taking another step forward in his recovery, but a step back to his traditional musical roots. Séan’s musical message is now more than just notes and melodies. There’s A Place is a cleaning of sorts. His last two solo albums, Help Your Self and You Know I Love You, were a large musical departure from his Great Big Sea beginnings, but in his latest release he brings together his roots and his message on 11 beautifully crafted tracks sung by a man who knows his purpose, who embraces his past, but refuses to let it define him.

“I believe that a secret can kill you but that a song can save your life,” said McCann. “Music is my religion and it has helped me survive through some very hard times. Today I want to share my story and my songs to help others to “help them selves.”” At 50 years old, Séan is now a sought-after speaker and mental health advocate. Séan celebrated six years of sobriety in November 2017. His stop in South Pomfret, will be just one of a 29 city tour supporting his new album – don’t miss this opportunity to hear his personal and musical journey in our acoustic Hay Loft.

For any question please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

The Great Taste of the Upper Valley: Beer Tasting