On Sunday May 13, I'll lead a bird banding demonstration at Campbell Flat in Norwich, in the same spot we held such an event last spring. We'll use mist nets to harmlessly capture small songbirds, band and measure them, and allow everyone to view them up close. Some lucky participants (especially kids) will have the opportunity to release a banded bird. We'll begin at 8 am and go until 10:30 or so. Our banding will take place at the open, grassy spot along the Ompompanoosuc River just east of the corn field. Please park along the side of Campbell Flat Road and walk the 100 yards to our banding site. This activity will have to be canceled in the event of rain, but the forecast now is for clear skies and cool temperatures. The grass may be wet, so consider wearing water-resistant shoes or boots.

If anyone has questions, feel free to call me at 802-922-8495. I hope to see some of you Sunday.

Chris

Chris Rimmer
Vermont Center for Ecostudies
PO Box 420 | Norwich, Vermont 05055
802.649.1431 x202
http://vtecostudies.org/

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask] UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask] CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]