That's right....
... it's MUD SEASON!

GET OUTSIDE WITH US THIS WEEKEND!

*Blitz the leaders/fill out the google forms below to sign up for trips!*

As always, you can rent gear FOR FREE from Dartmouth Outdoor Rentals *AND*
financial aid applies for all trips over $10!

-----------

Levels!?!?

We've marked our super beginner-friendly trips a *bold bright blue!*

*Level 0*. Total distance traversed is roughly equal to the distance
between parking and whatever cabin/diner/roller rink we're going to.* It's
about the destination, not the journey, alright?*
*Level 1*. More of a chill nature walk. *It's been a stressful week and you
just want to walk leisurely between some trees, okay?*
*Level 2. *Short hike, but uphill. More than a chill nature walk. *You want
to walk uphill and maybe sweat a little, is that too much to ask?*
*Level 3.* Longer hike, more uphill. *You could maybe get into this whole
hiking thing but you're maybe not interested in doing anything all that
crazy this weekend, y'know?*
*Level 4*. Longer hike, more uphill, significant elevation gain and you
might get above tree-line. *You're feeling pretty savvy and you want to bag
a bigger peak this weekend, cool?*
*Level 5*. Longest hikes we regularly run, major distances and elevation
gain. *Those AT thru hikers got nothin' on you, yeah!*
*Level 6+.* Prezi Traverse, Carter Traverse, anytime we carry a canoe up
something nonsensical. *Okay you might be a little crazy but look at those
calves, wow!*

* -----------*
THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY What: *Cabin Overnight @ Hinman*
When: Thursday 8 pm- Friday by wheneva ppl need
Why: We will play games, snuggle, chill. It will be awesome
Level: 0
Leaders: Libby Decker and Sam Lefkofsky
Cost: $1
Gear: Sleeping Bag and Headlamp, DOR can lend to u!
Blitz: [log in to unmask]
FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY What: *Mount Cardigan!*
When: 2 PM - 6PM (flexible leave time, so we can wait if you just got out
of class at 1:55)
Why: If you want some chill exercise during midterms! The views are on
point, we'll have snacks, and there is a fire tower on top! You'll want to
go again to Mt. Card(again)
Level: 2.5
Leaders: Anna Ellis '19 and Jacob Chalif '21
Cost: DOC: $3, non-DOC: $5
Gear: Please bring warm layers (including hats and gloves) and sturdy
hiking shoes, a small day pack, and one bottle of water.
Blitz: To sign up, blitz [log in to unmask] with your dash
number, shoe size for microspikes, and dietary restrictions
FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY What: *Orienteering!*
When: Friday 3:15-6:15
Why: Ever feel lost? Looking for a guiding light in life? Well, we can't
help you, but we can teach you how to navigate using a map and compass.
Level: 1
Leaders: Adam Burnett (and maybe another leader, too)
Cost: FREEEE
Gear: hiking boots, clothes suitable for a walk in the woods
Blitz: [log in to unmask] to sign up! Include dietary
restrictions if you have any.
FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY What: *Fisher Cats Minor League Baseball Game *
When: Friday, 5-11:30 pm
Why: Do you enjoy professional baseball? Would you also enjoy that baseball
if the players were a bit worse? If so then come watch the Manchester
Fisher Cats - a double-a minor league team - take on the Trenton Thunder!
They are only sometimes hopelessly bad. "I heard what's his name is
supposed to be really good" - David. "I theoretically enjoy crackerjack" -
Ursula
Level : 0
Leaders: Ursula and David
Cost: $7 non-DOC, free for DOC!
Gear: $14 for tickets and a few warm layers
Blitz/link: blitz [log in to unmask] to sign up
FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY What: Cabin overnight at Ritchie Smith and Moosilauke
Hike!
When: Leave at 8pm on friday, return around 4pm on saturday
Why: A cozy cabin, good friends, tons of games and food, and a beautiful
saturday 8 mile hike up Moosilauke
Level : 4
Leaders: Anna Ellis and Annie Yanofsky
Cost: $5 DOC, $8 non DOC
Blitz/link: blitz [log in to unmask] with DASH, shoe size,
and dietary restrictions
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY What: *Norwich Contra Dance*
When: 7:30-11:30pm
Why: contra dancing is a fun tradition and very beginner friendly!
Level: 0
Cost: all bring $6 in cash
Leaders: Emma
Gear: none
Blitz: [log in to unmask]
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY What: Mount Cannon Hike!
When: Sunday, 8 am to 4 pm
Why: This will be a short (only 4.5 miles!) and semi-strenuous hike, but at
the end you can say you've summited a 4,000 footer! Come enjoy the start of
spring with good snacks, fun people, and great views :)
Level: 4
Leaders: Dru Falco and Naomi Miller
Cost: $5 DOC, $9 not-yet-DOC
Gear: warm layers (including a puffy), hiking boots, 2 liters of water. You
can borrow a puffy, balaclava, and overmitts!
Blitz: [log in to unmask] with your DA$H, dietary
restrictions, and shoe size to sign up!
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY What: Mt. Welch and Dickey
When: Sunday 9:30-4:30
Why: The number one activity to do in Thornton, NH according to Trip
Advisor! Two small 2,500ish foot mountains with baldness over a 5 mile
loop. Also, Zach cannot do a hike without stopping for ice cream on the way
back!
Level : 3.14
Leaders: Zach Berkow and Aiko Takata
Cost: $6 DOC, $8 non
Link: https://goo.gl/forms/51GX67cm3cajfXpD3
MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY What: *Hinman Overnight*
When: 9pm Mon back for 10A on Tues (or 9S if needed)
Why: Chill overnight, play games and eat snacks, hang will awesome people.
Start your week off right!!!
Level: 0
Leaders: Iris Wang and Fionnuala Murphy
Cost: $1 for all!
Gear: Water bottle, sleeping bag (can borrow from DOC)
Blitz: [log in to unmask]
​
Sign up to get *financial aid* on any DOC-related activity:
http://outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html