I visited Grafton Pond last evening.  The road from the stop sign to
the dam was full of pot holes.  The pond seemed to be still covered with ice.
I then went up Potato Road for about 1/2 mile. On the way back I notice a
Ruffed Grouse with neck feathers and tail in display like a Tom Turkey.
When I backed up for a better view I scared a small deer. I also the noted
another dear grazing.
    On the way back on Grafton Pond Road I noted a lone Turkey Hen and a
little further 4 smaller M. Mallards and one F. Mallard walking alongside the road.

    Today my friend and her dogs went to Grafton Pond.  The road had been
graded, so it was somewhat smoother.   We heard Loons calling way
off in the distance. Still quite a bit of ice near the dam.  A pair of Canada Geese on
the property and in the water to the left of the dam.
     Nice to know the Loons are back on Grafton Pond.
J. B.
Enfield Center

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask] UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask] CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]