On the bird front, Phoebes going north... My pond is a puddle compared to Everett's pond, but I had 12 phoebes hawking it's shores yesterday at one count along with a golden crown kinglet. What a cutie up close! 7 song sparrows returned from previous seasons so far! Thats good compared to last season. Dismal returns last spring...

Lower dogford rd, Bear came last night and ate two chickens... had electric fencing on the list for the weekend... he or she beat me to it... NO DAMAGE. Been here before, I guess :o) Has learned the door latch... which is good because she would tear the wall off as an alternative... Arrrrg...

AND I took my feeder in last night too! Should have left it out...

Guard dog (puppy) snoozing hard with her humans... Coop is right outside bedroom windows... never heard or smelled a thing..

Ah, the life of a poultry man!

David Merker
Etna, New Hampshire
Cape May Raptor Banding Project Inc.

www.capemayraptors.org

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask] UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask] CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]