{IT'S SPRING *GOSH DARN IT* LET'S GO FROLICKING!}

(Did you notice it was snowing again this morning?)

{NO IT'S SPRING SHUSH WITH YOUR WINTER NONSENSE!!!!}

(Maddy it was just an observation calm down)

{COME GET OUTSIDE WITH US THIS WEEK!}
{It's SPRING by golly!!!}

To sign up for any of these trips, blitz the leader or fill out the google form!

*** A Note on Levels ***
We're revising our level system to be more clear and useful!
(We've also gone and *STARRED* our super beginner-friendly trips for this week!)

Level 0. Total distance traversed is roughly equal to the distance between parking and whatever cabin/diner/roller rink we're going to. It's about the destination, not the journey, alright?
Level 1. More of a chill nature walk. It's been a stressful week and you just want to walk leisurely between some trees, okay?
Level 2. Short hike, but uphill. More than a chill nature walk. You want to walk uphill and maybe sweat a little, is that too much to ask?
Level 3. Longer hike, more uphill. You could maybe get into this whole hiking thing but you're maybe not interested in doing anything all that crazy this weekend, y'know?
Level 4. Longer hike, more uphill, significant elevation gain and you might get above tree-line. You're feeling pretty savvy and you want to bag a bigger peak this weekend, cool?
Level 5. Longest hikes we regularly run, major distances and elevation gain. Those AT thru hikers got nothin' on you, yeah!
Level 6+. Prezi Traverse, Carter Traverse, anytime we carry a canoe up something nonsensical. Okay you might be a little crazy but look at those calves, wow!

THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY*** What: Hinman Cabin Overnight ***
When: 7:30 Thursday night, back before 9Ls on Friday (if needed)
Why: It will be a very chill time with great snacks, games and people!
Level : 0
Leaders: Matt and David
Cost: $1 for everybody
Gear: Sleeping bag, warm layers
Blitz/link: Blitz [log in to unmask] to sign up
FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY*** What: Holt's Ledge hike! ***
When: Friday 2pm - 6pm
Why: Holt's Ledge is super fun! There will be snacks! And you can recover from hosting your prospie!
Level : 2 - not too strenuous!
Leaders: Anna Ellis '19 and Shannon Sartain '21
Cost: $3 DOC and $5 not-yet-DOC
Gear: a light jacket, a day pack, a water bottle, and sneakers or hiking boots
Blitz/link: blitz [log in to unmask] with your shoe size, DASH #, and dietary restrictions to sign up!
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY*** What: Norwich Contra Dance ***
When: 7:30 pm - 11:30 pm
Why: Contra dancing is a type of folk dance common in New England, as well as a fun CnT tradition (you might even remember doing this on trips). Come for the live music, stay for the homemade baked goods at the break!
Level: 0
Leaders: Emma Rieb
Cost: $0 DOC, $1 not-yet-DOC (everybody bring $6 in cash to get into the dance)
Gear: none
Blitz: [log in to unmask] with your DA$H number to sign up!
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY*** What: Cabin Overnight and Morning Hike! (Nunnemacher Cabin + Holt's Ledge) ***
When: Saturday from 7pm to Sunday 9 AM
Why: Lots of board games and fun! Meet new people and go on a sick morning hike up Holt's Ledge
Level: 2
Leaders: Justin Luo and Ethan Smith
Cost: $5 DOC / $7 Non DOC
Gear: Bring a sleeping bag + anything else you may need to sleep in a cabin overnight. Headlamps and layers as well, as it'll probably be cold on the morning hike.
Link: https://goo.gl/forms/rwtIfyjaLfsNzwEo2
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY*** What: Balch Hill ***
When: 10-11:45 AM
Why: Fun fun friends and chill hill! 3 mile round-trip hike. We will walk to Balch Hill, explore the Hill, and walk back yay! Balch even has some lil views...
Level: 1
Leaders: Dru Falco and Fionnuala Murphy
Cost: FREEEEEE
Gear: Closed toe athletic shoes (trainers, hiking boots fine), bring a water bottle and enough layers to be warm
Blitz/link: [log in to unmask]
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAYWhat: Mt Waumbek
When: Saturday, 8am-6pm
Why: Waumbek and Wonderful both start with W and this will be a Wonderful Waumbek hike!!!
Level: 3.5
Leaders: Emma Rieb and Mary Joy
Cost: $6 DOC, $11 not-yet-DOC
Gear: puffy, long underwear, fleece, hiking boots/sturdy shoes, etc
Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfJH7CKC59q6bQJGE7BS1ChwYugDoCJDz2AN9wf0vKQSrwjOA/viewform
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAYWhat: LAFAYETTE
When: Sunday 9am-6pm (yay sleeping in until 9)
Why: Absolutely gorgeous, tallest peak on Franconia Ridge, steep hike but well worth the effort.
Level : 4.5
Leaders: Anna Ellis '19 and Matt Mann '21
Cost: 7 dollars DOC and 10 dollars non DOC
Gear: Please wear warm layers, sturdy hiking shoes, and a hat and gloves. Bring a day pack and two liters of water.
Blitz/link: To sign up, please blitz [log in to unmask] with your dash number, your dietary restrictions, and your shoe size for microspikes.
NEXT NEXT NEXT THURSDAY THURSDAY THURSDAY*** What: Hinman Cabin Overnight ***
When: Thursday, April 19th 8:00 pm - Friday 8:30 am
Why: Take a mid-week break with us at Hinman cabin! Good friends, good snacks, good times!
Level : 0
Leaders: Emma Rieb and Aiko Takata
Cost: $1 for everyone
Gear: Warm layers, a water bottle, and a sleeping bag, and you can borrow warm layers and sleeping bags from the DOC!
Blitz/link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScZZHbeKV1W1km4SakFnBn0YgLF7E-SXD5crsihWo8a4yZeSQ/viewform

Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity: http://outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html