Mike Vecc's mobile reply

From: Michael G. Vecchiarelli
Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2018 1:59:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Class of '66 formerly known as Harris great stove revival.

Well Chubbers,

And all interested in the Cabins of DOC, here is a tale of hope and wonder with some specific instructions/request at the end.  This little dull if not droll rambling missive will seem to whine along at no end but actually will end.  It won’t be anywhere near as long as a Ledyard council report (DOH!) nor have fancy gifs or photos.

Way back when (last year) the Class of ’66 Lodge needed a new cook-stove oven.  A source was found for an “off-grid” pilotless 6-burner stove.  It arrived broken.  The replacement parts took a while to be sent.  It broke again.  Parts took a while again.  The oven stopped working.  Replacement parts took a while to come.  The replacement parts didn’t solve the problem.  Tech support was no help.  Meanwhile we got other new, off-grid stoves from a different manufacturer for the 2nd Grant, Ritchie Smith, and Baum.  They are working great.  We applied for a refund/warranty claim on ‘66’s.  It took a while to process and we need to send it back to the manufacturer to get a full credit.  All the while we bought another commercial grade off-grid pilotless 6-burner from the manufacturer that seems to have a better product.  To get that stove install the planets have to align properly.  We need to get it out there, get the other one back, and get the gas company to do the installation. So….

Tuesday, 4/10/2018 Irving Engergy Inc. is coming out to the Class of ’66 Lodge with the intentions of hooking up the new oven and insuring it is operating properly.

Monday 4/9/2018 … here’s the specific instructions part you’ve been waiting for :  I (see signature below) will be driving the new stove and ATV out to the Old Wolfboro Rd. gated entrance at about 9:30-10.  Once we’ll need able bodied folk to transfer the oven from the pick-up to the ATV bed and chop out the snow bank*** that is blocking the gate (I was just there today.  It shouldn’t take too much effort to make a path wide enough for the ATV: shovels, ice choppers)

Then the ATV slowly crawls its way along the paths of Etna to the Lodge.  Arrival is unknown but maybe we can shoot for 11:30-12:00.  Then we have to lift it off the ATV bring it into the lodge and get the junky one out and onto the ATV.  Let’s say by 1pm?  A slow trip back to the truck and a transfer to the pick-up again 1:30pm?

Obviously it’s hard to predict how long each phase of the operation will take but if you have a chance to get with a friend or two or three for any time Monday morning through the early afternoon to meet us at one of these legs we’d be happy to have too many people rather than not enough.

***If possible, by one means or another, I’ll try and get that snow bank taken care of ahead of time.

Cheers Chubbers,

Mike Vecchiarelli, Facilities Coordinator

Dartmouth Outdoor Programs

115 Robinson Hall, HB 6142

PO Box 9

Hanover, NH  03755