HI Serafina,

While we no longer need a physical space for listening since recordings can all be put online, we feel it is important to have a physical space where foreign language tutoring takes place, foreign language magazines are kept, and foreign language films are kept and screened.  It is also a space for checking out computers and iPads.  We keep updated all manner of foreign language learning subscriptions to sites such as Rosetta Stone, Yabla, News in Slow, etc.  We keep the foreign language departments' websites maintained and updated, and promote their events.  We also host events that promote a love of language such as foreign language karaoke nights and we host forums each semester for foreign language faculty to share ideas with one another and learn about things from me.  We also act as liaison between our students and the numerous online textbook platforms such as Vista Higher Learning, and Pearson's MySpanishLab.  The students always need help getting logged in to and using these online foreign language textbooks.  We also maintain youtube channels for all of our languages where we keep skits, dialogues, lectures, presentations, and other language related material.

That's only some of what we do.  I'd appreciate hearing what other replies you get to this.  Would you mind compiling it?

Thanks,

Helen