From: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 5:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Reasons for the existence of Language Learning Centers / Language Labs in the age of iphones, notebooks, and other portable technological devices

I would add that Language Centers often serve the role of technology incubators on campus - Video Essays, Digital Storys, Video Project, iPads, Recording Exercises, Portfolios etc.  The physical space, staffing and relationships between faculty and staff make this possible.

- mike

Michael Jones
Director, Language and Media Centers
Swarthmore College

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lmc.swarthmore.edu&d=DwIFAw&c=2tStSn3Yyb7CMXxZW9nuG-Sh-vz6mhnySBmFi7HdCsM&r=zYBdRG90oYXoKR8197p7iKPifv226N6Fb5vnGtu1Roc&m=aUpmWZVFw3inUOyEx3xXouq-YQNwau6KceG84g_xwP8&s=KuhM281So4zKX1X5YJPdcvoXFa9gbkp9c-3TJV-sY08&e=<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lmc.swarthmore.edu&d=DwMFAg&c=2tStSn3Yyb7CMXxZW9nuG-Sh-vz6mhnySBmFi7HdCsM&r=PjfGodhwlfgAZCn0W4GGZZRkfNK_41Umz2RyXuNL6Hs&m=aQSrHEg7QnRFU1VYDQDL1mO5FFQYyPVhYkGpnvNBnQY&s=GSwQ6Y-mSCrHN0dpzs7yfSB1SGOoRpT_WZbJfKUOQc8&e=>
610.328.8036