*'Cause baby there ain't no mountain high enough*

*Ain't no valley low enoughAin't no river wide enoughetc etc *
Grab your pal friends and hike (or contra dance) with us this weekend!
Absolutely zero experience is required for our beginner trips, and you can
ask to borrow gear like warm mittens, hats, and jackets from us!

To sign up for a trip, blitz the leaders or click the link.

PS: *Join our GroupMe! *
https://groupme.com/join_group/35190485/5wlofG

*THIS WEEK IN CABIN & TRAIL*

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: Montpelier Contra Dance

When: 6:45 pm - 12:00 am

Why: Contra dancing is a fun DOC tradition and very beginner-friendly! It
is similar to square dancing, and you probably tried it on trips. Come for
the live music, fun community, and trip to beautiful Montpelier, VT!

Level: 1

Leader: Emma Rieb

Cost: $0 DOC, $3 not-yet-DOC, everybody bring $8 in cash to get into the
dance

Link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf4-64ByEXNxdfE82E_aoZG4pAUPydP_mEesUligQSKtK4UrA/viewform?usp=sf_link

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: Mount Cube hike!

When: 8:30 am to 3 pm

Why: It will be fun, there will be chocolate, the weather will be great,
and we will have great views at the top :) Also, it's a moderate hike, so
perfect for beginners and experienced hikers!

Level: 2/3

Leaders: Henry Burns and Naomi Miller

Cost: $5 DOC, $7 not yet DOC

Link: https://goo.gl/forms/VzPnDA1RknSHA98J2

Gear: hiking boots or sneakers with overboots (we provide), snow pants,
warm upper layers (including a puffy or equivalent), 2 L water

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What: Velvet Rocks

When: February 18 1-3pm

Why: Come hang out with a bunch of NAD's and enjoy a 5-mile hike to Velvet
Rocks.

Level: 1/2

Leaders: Johnny Sanchez and Tia Folgheraiter

Cost: Free

Link to sign up:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdH6vggVYSKXaCUVWgGLP1gjag3meSGdfM9ffbN7LGK-znUvw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Gear: 2 liter water bottles, layers (jackets/ski pants), gloves, beanie,
hiking boots, non-cotton shirt, etc. We provide microspikes!

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: Mount Madison

When: 8am-5pm

Why: Madison is a tough, 8 mile hike. But come because it's a presidential,
because winter hiking, because good friends, because chocolate, because two
awesome lady leaders!!

Level: 4

Leaders: Anna Ellis and Annie Yanofsky

Cost: $7 DOC, $10 non DOC

Blitz the leaders with your shoe size and DASH to sign up!

Gear: 2 L water, lots of warm layers, hiking boots, wind jacket/pants

[image: valentine's day love GIF by Kaho Yoshida]