Hey DOC!

On the Wednesday after next (2/21), we will be hosting a facilitated discussion on the gender divide in outdoor leadership.  This discussion is open to people of all genders, levels of outdoor leadership, and opinions.  Everyone is encouraged to take an active role in the conversation.

We would like to start this event by having a few members of the DOC community read pre-written stories about a time when their gender identity created an additional challenge for them in outdoor leadership.  These stories should be relatively short (less than 5 minutes) and can be about scenarios inside or outside of the DOC.  We will take between 5 and 10 stories to be shared at the event for lack of time.  You do not have to be a DOC leader to submit a story.

Following the stories, there will be small group discussions based on questions of gender in outdoor leadership, and then a larger group discussion.  We are also looking for DOC leaders to volunteer to help moderate the small group discussions.

To submit a story, ask questions about the event, or volunteer to be a discussion moderator, email [log in to unmask]

YITOOD,

Lauren

Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity: http://outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html