Friends,

The deadline for NEALLT proposals has been extended to February 5.  Please let others at your institution know:

NEALLT 2018: CALL FOR PROPOSALS

The Northeast Association for Language Learning Technology (NEALLT) will hold its annual conference at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, from Friday, March 2 to Sunday, March 4, 2018. The conference will be hosted by the Language Resource Center at Cornell University, recently moved to a new site.

The theme of the conference will be “Interdisciplinary Approaches to Teaching Language and Culture.” We welcome proposals for presentations and panel discussions on topics including:

· Digital Humanities

· Technology-enhanced Professional Development

· Open Educational Resources

· Prosocial Pedagogy

· Ungendered Teaching Practices

· Innovative software and apps

· Social Media

· Teleconferencing

· Student agency - tasks for student expression

· Curricular innovations

· Space planning and design

· Resource Center management

· Mobile technology

· Online courses

· MOOCS

Presentations will be about 20 minutes with 10 minutes Q&A. Panel discussions will be 45 minutes. Proposals for 3-hour pre-conference workshops are also welcome.

We welcome presentations that discuss using technology to foster and strengthen communities, invite multicultural exchange and growth, and motivate positive social change via meaningful, contextualized instruction while working toward improving and resolving real-world human rights challenges. We welcome a variety of perspectives and encourage presentations that report on current research or work in progress.

Please submit proposals online. We encourage early proposals, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Proposals must be submitted no later than February 5 for consideration.

Web address for the CFP/Conference:  http://neallt.org/neallt2018/

Online submissions: https://goo.gl/forms/6hWRXHkCwdJvzuEH3

 For further information please contact NEALLT President Dick Feldman <[log in to unmask]>.

Dick Feldman, Director

Language Resource Center

Cornell University

Ithaca NY 18453