Hi Folks!

Here is a posting for a clinical research position affiliated with Mt Sinai in NYC. They are interested in Dartmouth applicants! The job would start sometime after graduation but the applications are due February 2nd.

Best wishes to you all!

Sarah and your HPP Team

From: Lauren Yue [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, December 7, 2017 2:16 PM
To: Sarah L. Berger <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Job Opening THANC Foundation Mount Sinai Hospital

Hi Sarah,

I just wanted to follow up with you regarding the Research Associate position at the THANC Foundation. I wanted to re-send you the job posting in the hopes that you could send this out again. Our application period does not close until February 2nd, and it'd be a great reminder to some potential applications who want to work on job applications over the holiday break. I've copied and pasted the description to this email:

Here is a description of the company and job:

Description: The THANC (Thyroid, Head and Neck Cancer) Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to supporting research and education in the early detection and treatment of thyroid and head and neck cancer, to advancing new therapies, and to alleviating the suffering and functional impairment of patients who undergo treatment.

Role: Research Associates collaborate with an interdisciplinary group of physicians and researchers affiliated with Mount Sinai Downtown Medical Center to conduct and publish clinical research. In addition, Research Associates also play key roles in the development and maintenance of a disease-specific electronic medical record system (www.thyroidccc.org) and an educational website for patients and their families (www.headandneckcancerguide.org). Finally, Research Associates have the opportunity to spend time observing thyroid and head and neck surgery in the operating room.

Qualifications/Required Documents: This is a full-time, two-year position. Research Associates must hold a Bachelor’s degree and typically have a strong interest in pursuing a career in medicine. Applicants should have a robust scientific background, excellent writing ability, and previous experience in a clinical environment is desired as well. To apply, please provide a cover letter (addressed to Dr. Urken), an updated CV, and two letters of recommendation to [log in to unmask]. Please have your recommenders e-mail your letters directly. If selected for an interview, a writing assignment will be required. The application deadline is February 2, 2018 but we are gladly accepting applications before then. For more information, please visit our website (www.thancfoundation.org), or feel free to contact me, Lauren Yue, directly with any questions you may have!

Thank you in advance!

Best,
Lauren