1) I have been asked for copies of letters I wrote during my time as IALLT President to support Language Centers threatened with closure.  I only had one such letter in my files.  Do any of you whom I helped have a copy of such a letter I (another IALLT member) wrote to share with the IALLT Board?

2) I have been IALLT’s representative to the (U.S.) Association of Foreign Language Departments since I became Chair of World Languages and Cultures at Samford 11 years ago and joined the ADFL as a Chair.  Well, I am stepping down as Chair in the fall of 2018 and will no longer be a member of ADFL.  Is there anyone on this list who is both an IALLT member and ADFL member interested in taking on this job?  I can tell you it does not require much time. Just commenting appropriately on the ADFL listserv when IALLT’s existence and resources would be appropriate to mention.

Best to all, Mike

P.S. Hello to the Irenes, Leeann, and David.

Mikle D. Ledgerwood, Ph.D.

Professor of Romance Languages and Linguistics
Chair of World Languages and Cultures

World Languages and Cultures

Summer Graduate Faculty in Technology and Language Learning

205-726-2747 | 125A Russell Hall

www.samford.edu/howard/wlac

800 Lakeshore Drive, Birmingham, AL 35229 USA

rd University