HuddleCam might be an option. Their little PTZ camera along with the microphone/speakerphone combo unit were a great fit for computer-based things like Zoom, Bluejeans, etc.

https://huddlecamhd.com/

We bought one of these for the camera

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KB5CND6

and this for the speakerphone kit

https://smile.amazon.com/HuddleCamHD-Black-HuddlePod-Wireless-Speakerphone/dp/B00VF0O3HK

They make a nicer camera, the newer 3rd-generation one

https://smile.amazon.com/HuddleCamHD-10X-GY-G3-1080p-Camera-Optical/dp/B01G5XSQY2
Better zoom and a better video quality owing to being sent over usb3 instead of just usb2

The beauty of both systems is they're plug and play with no drivers needed - Zoom and everything else just auto picks it up as a regular USB camera, and the speakerphone has it's own dongle, so it can plug into a usb port and the computer treats it as another speaker and microphone device - just have to select it and off you go.

The cameras have a little remote so you can move it around and zoom etc, and the speakerphone has a battery, so you can toss it in the middle of the room and it worked pretty well.

We have everything in a pelican case, and cut the foam so it could hold the camera, remote, cables, power for the camera, speakerphone and dongle, and everything else. It's a nice compact little kit.

Angelika

Hello LLTI Colleagues,

We are looking to acquire a camera and some kind of sound system (mic and speakers) to use Zoom videoconferencing for meetings and potentially classes. We're hoping the equipment can be used in conjunction with existing equipment in our classrooms (computer, projector, screen).  We do this regularly in small offices, but would like to get equipment that can be taken to different rooms and that can be used easily by most of us.

As I write up our resource requests, I'm wondering if any of you have recommendations for equipment that has worked well for you.

Thanks!

Carol

Carol H. Reitan, Ph.D.
Distance Ed Coordinator
Ed Tech Dept Chair/Instructor of French
City College of San Francisco
50 Phelan Avenue, Box A-5
San Francisco, CA 94112
http://www.ccsf.edu/ETD

--
Angelika Kraemer, Ph.D.
Director, CeLTA Language School

Executive Associate Director, Center for Language Teaching Advancement
http://celta.msu.edu

Co-Editor, Die Unterrichtspraxis/Teaching German
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1756-1221

Michigan State University
619 Red Cedar Road, B135 Wells Hall
East Lansing, MI 48824-1027