Hey folks,

Cool outdoorsy jobs for the summer!!
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Briggs, Logan <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 23 October 2017 at 13:17
Subject: Working for Wilderness Adventures
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Hey Rory,

Here's a summer employment opportunity that I think many in the DOC would
appreciate. I think Dartmouth students are more familiar with Overland and
maybe Apogee, but Wilderness Adventures
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.wildernessadventures.com_&d=DwMFaQ&c=WO-RGvefibhHBZq3fL85hQ&r=NtAcoXNhqilgyxLXYDToB6E34XON9R75JT9NO7r-VuQ&m=Hlrh50pNrzIGc5f-SCSDKqgdjL_NVOSuamETXtj5VLo&s=-HgreSTjnGlHhm2mG30Fu0l2qWTE1xwPKKGw372ZXN4&e=>
 is another option that I wish I found earlier in my Dartmouth career.

All pertinent information on the company can easily be found on their
website, linked above, but here is a direct link to the employment
information
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.wildernessadventures.com_careers_&d=DwMFaQ&c=WO-RGvefibhHBZq3fL85hQ&r=NtAcoXNhqilgyxLXYDToB6E34XON9R75JT9NO7r-VuQ&m=Hlrh50pNrzIGc5f-SCSDKqgdjL_NVOSuamETXtj5VLo&s=N9c23YvaMUchCs7Qqpkj3AKG0n8D723J2MzJcZQRxFA&e=>
 page.

Students can make their own comparisons of companies, and all are great,
but if my personal experience helps, the differences between companies that
led me to choose WA were...
1) Their emphasis on teaching (many of their trips have community service
aspects as well).
2) That they normally pair a new leader with a returner for their
international trips (the other companies I looked into rarely put new
leaders on international trips). Thus, I ended up being able to lead WA's
Kilimanjaro
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.wildernessadventures.com_trip_kilimanjaro_&d=DwMFaQ&c=WO-RGvefibhHBZq3fL85hQ&r=NtAcoXNhqilgyxLXYDToB6E34XON9R75JT9NO7r-VuQ&m=Hlrh50pNrzIGc5f-SCSDKqgdjL_NVOSuamETXtj5VLo&s=C3lQsNOEz_4IrjCHW32IAKuVY0OPveTWoSOnGDh9BhQ&e=>
trip
as a new leader this past summer.
3) Huge pro of working for WA that I didn't know about until after being
hired: they subsidize many certifications that relate to skills and
knowledge in outdoor education, i.e. WFR, lifeguard, and even things like
a dive master certification or attendance at the AORE conference. They also
give significant pay raises for having many of these certifications.

Applications are open through March, and further information regarding
on-campus information sessions will be forthcoming.

I'm happy to answer any questions the chubbers might have for me (
[log in to unmask]), otherwise their
unbelievably patient staffing director ([log in to unmask])
is  a great resource, would love to hear from you, and is happy to answer
any/all questions as well.
Best,
--Logan