Today provided the rare pleasure of a double visit to Campbell Flats, where I started and ended my day. Morning (8:35-9:45 am) activity was high, even with persistent ground fog, while the evening (5:55-6:45 pm) was quieter but still surprisingly active. As has often been the case of late, many warblers were difficult to ID due to low/back lighting and rapid movements, while sparrows dove furtively into and out of the corn, generally laying low. No question I observed some of the same individual birds in am and pm.

Walking along Campbell Flats Road at 6:30 pm, I half-expected to see nighthawks coursing overhead, then I remembered it was late September...

Highlights of both visits:

MORNING
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  1
Eastern Phoebe  4
Blue-headed Vireo  8
Red-eyed Vireo  2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  8
Gray Catbird  9
Tennessee Warbler  1
Nashville Warbler  1
Common Yellowthroat  4
Magnolia Warbler  2
Blackpoll Warbler  2
Palm Warbler (Western)  2
Pine Warbler  2     Singing
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle)  7
White-throated Sparrow  2
Savannah Sparrow  5
Song Sparrow  14
Lincoln's Sparrow  3
Swamp Sparrow  3
Indigo Bunting  6
Red-winged Blackbird  5
EVENING
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  1
Eastern Phoebe  1
House Wren  2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  2
American Robin  1
Gray Catbird  6
Palm Warbler (Western)  2
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle)  9
Chipping Sparrow  2
White-throated Sparrow  1
Savannah Sparrow  4
Song Sparrow  12
Lincoln's Sparrow  1
Swamp Sparrow  1
Indigo Bunting  6     1 singing briefly at 6:30 pm
Purple Finch  2

Chris Rimmer
Vermont Center for Ecostudies
PO Box 420 | Norwich, Vermont 05055
802.649.1431 x202
http://vtecostudies.org/

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask] UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask] CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]