Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - CABIN-TRAIL Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

THIS WEEK IN CABIN AND TRAIL

Franconia Ridge and the Summit of Camel's Hump!

To sign up for any trip, use the signups link or blitz the leader of that trip with your DA$H number (make sure you have money in your account!) or saying you would like to pay in cash. Please also send any dietary restrictions and any gear you want to borrow (for free) for the trip. Your spot will be reserved once you pay.  If the trip is free, just blitz the leader to reserve a spot. Financial aid is available for DOC members if the trip costs more than $10. If you are not a DOC member, you can become one by visiting Robinson Hall 119 to sign up!

Levels are out of 5

We have a TON of trips going out this weekend because the weather is AMAZING. Get outside before midterms!

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

Please fill out this form by tomorrow afternoon!

What: Holt's Ledge Sunsike and Whippi Dip When: 5:30pm-8:30pm Why: Do you like short, chill hikes? Do you like watching the sun set from a mountain top? Do you like making fun stops for ice cream? If you answered yes to any of these, then this is the trip for you! (Remember to bring cash because Whippi Dip doesn't take cards). Level : 1 Leaders: Johnny Sanchez and Ben Schelling Cost: Free DOC and $3 non-DOC

Link: https://goo.gl/forms/uhOgZp8kRPtHuMEz1

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY

What: Mt. Cube Trail Work Trip ft. Class of 1981 When: Saturday! 8am to 5pm Why: Because we're in charge of 50 miles of the Appalachian Trail so we should probably take care of it. Also, spending time with alumni and hearing about how no one rages anymore. Level: 1! Beginner friendly! No trail work knowledge expected! Leaders: Maddy Kroot Cost: FREE!!!! Link: Sign up on this google form! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd7DbDvD4mSo_S7Y__1IOAjuIkL4JJzpPa8OtqnHZs8Ab1oYw/viewform?usp=sf_link

What: Forest and Woodworking Festival and walk in Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller Park When: Saturday 9-2:30 Why: We will first stop at Mont Vert Cafe for yummy scoooones!! And then enter a beautiful national park where we will take a nice walk and see artisanal craftsmen. And if we want to pay, we can see cute farm animals! Level: 1 Leaders: Rachel Martin and Andrew Laub with Colin Fennelly Cost: $0 doc, $3 non-doc but everyone bring small bills Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeEBsY8t2B4ISct7TDfI3O72imzT1jdduYys8yiWpnCog_ICA/viewform?usp=sf_link

What: Mt. Hunger // Ben & Jerry's Factory visit! When: Sept. 23 9 am- 3 pm Why: Mt. Hunger is a SUPER CHILL hike; but not as chill as all the ice cream we're gonna eat at the Ben & Jerrys factory! Because did you really live in the North North East if you didn't go to the Ben & Jerry's factory at least once?? Level : 3 Leaders: Brenna Gourgeot and Carolyn McShea Cost: $4 Doc $7 Not Yet Doc

What: Mount Cube via Cross Rivendell When: Saturday 8-1 Why: Same mountain, new trail! Approaching from the other side, and a bit shorter! Level: 2 Leaders: Ethan Smith '20 and Cedar Farwell '17 Cost: $3 DOC, $6 non-DOC Link: https://goo.gl/forms/2r7AjFLh3L3RqvaV2

What: Norwich Contra Dancing! When: 7:30 - 11:30 pm Why: Contra dancing is a type of square dancing common in New England. All dances are taught at the event and are very beginner-friendly! (You may even have done this on Trips!). A great way to meet people in the community outside Dartmouth, with bonus live music. Level: 1 Leaders: Emma Cost: Free for everybody, but bring $10 in cash to get into the dance Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc7kdQXfKS18Poo8H3WCHB9g5SRsmCEjO-DKK8dv2EuVpYv7A/viewform?usp=sf_link

What: Mt. Garfield Hike When: 8:00 am - 6:00pm Why: A 4,000 footer with great views. 10 miles of strenuous hiking Level: 4 Leaders: Sean Madden and David Vonderheide

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

What: We're Hiking Franc Ridge!!! When: 8am - 5pm on Sunday! Why: This is one of the most beautiful hikes in the country. We'll ascend up falling waters trail, passing a few waterfalls, have a stunning above-treeline ridge walk between Mt. Lincoln and Mt. Lafayette, and then descend past the Mt. Lafayette hut, with crazy-awesome views all the way. Level : 4 out of 5. It's 11 miles and quite steep, so not for the faint of heart Leaders: Dev Jhaveri and Rachel Kent Cost: $5 DOC, $10 Not-Yet-DOC Link: https://goo.gl/forms/d6SLJGfvC6Jbgdjz2

What: Mt. Cardigan Hike When: Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Why: Come enjoy beautiful views, gorgeous weather, delicious snacks, and fun people on this low-key hike! It's four miles round trip and has a rewarding lookout from the summit. Level: 2 Leaders: Ursula Jongebloed and Christopher Cartwright Cost: $5 for DOC members, $8 for not-yet-DOC members Link: sign up by filling out this google form: https://goo.gl/forms/W58r7xyVAOvKL13q2

What: Camel's Hump When: 7am-5pm Why: Since Wednesday shouldn't have all the fun, this Sunday is also Hump Day! Camel's Hump is a fun, moderately difficult 4000 footer with fantastic views from a bald summit. Come out for a nice day outside before term gets too crazy! Level : 2 Leaders: Johnny Sanchez and Aiko Takata Cost: $5 DOC and $10 non-DOC

What: Balch Hill Hike When: 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm Why: A short and easy walk up a hill with great views out over campus. What better way to take a study break and enjoy fall while it lasts? (P.S. we have snacks!) Level: 1 Leaders: Emma and Kevin Cost: $2 DOC and non-DOC Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeu2L4i4FkJfy8UzzH8YCsyb28OWMw5gdEd1pgyIJRBKjuDcA/viewform?usp=sf_link

What: Trailwork! When: 8:00 - 12:00PM Why: Because trail work is awesome! More fun than hiking! This beginner trail work trip is a great way to get introduced to trail work so you can do more in the future. Cost: Free! Leaders: Rory Schadler and Sean Madden Blitz: [log in to unmask] to sign up

What: Smarts Mountain When: Sunday 8am-2pm Why: Some say studying is the only way to get smart. Not so! There's also hiking: come hike Smarts this weekend! Smarts is an easy to moderate hike that is 7.6 miles long. We'll have snacks and lunch, fun and so much more! Back in time to do homework. Level : 3 Leaders: Hunter Dominick and Tommy Hart Cost: $5 for DOC members and $8 for non-DOC members

What: Super Chill Velvet Rocks Hike When: 10am - 1pm Why: Do you want to go and explore the outdoors but arent feeling one of those really 4000 footers? Or maybe you just want to have a nice hike through the outdoors on your sunday morning. Well this is the trip for you then! So come out and have a nice start to your sunday morning with us! Level : A solid 2 level, hike that is still very chill but also very fun! Leaders: Natalie Vaughan and Juan Miche Rosales Cost: 4 Dollars for Non-DOC and 1 Dollar for DOC Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeVjXOiqp0KPF9_mNknIV9A03xdRV8jVhKnediryE06ytD_Fg/viewform?usp=sf_link

What: Mt. Piermont SUNRIKE When: Sunday 5am-10am Why: See the SUNrise on SUNday ooooooo Level : beginner friendly! ~4 mi. Leaders: Libby Decker (?) and Sam Lefkofsky Cost: $4 DOC, $6 non DOC Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdN7LXEp_kgdSVZsB1nZvRASTSR0Ll2Yey5DI5uDNAVyHH-Rg/viewform?usp=sf_link

If you have any questions about CnT or the DOC as a whole - blitz this account or [log in to unmask]
Come to the Next CnT meeting on Tuesday at 9pm in Collis 101, and if you'd like to plan a trip yourself and get more involved behind-the-scenes, come to the planning meeting at 8:30pm on Tuesday in Robinson Hall 110.

 Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity over $10: http://outdoors.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html