Yesterday, on a walk up Patrell Road in Norwich, I heard a Broad-winged Hawk vocalizing at close range.  I strained to see it in the trees for several minutes, without any luck.  Just as I was about to give up and go on, it erupted out of a tree not far above my head and flew along the road for a ways before disappearing into the trees again.

            Today I rode my bike up Bradley Hill in Norwich.  Where the road deteriorates into a singletrack trail, I heard two Barred Owls calling loudly back and forth a little before dusk.  And, although practically everyone else has stopped singing (even the Carolina Wren that has serenaded me from across the street every evening this summer), an Eastern Wood-pewee was still vocalizing late this afternoon.

                        David Webb

                        Hanover

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask] Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask] UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask] CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]