Hi Lisa,

I'm very interested to see what other labs do, but here is a checklist that I give mine every year.  We go through it together, and I check off each item as I see that they have mastered it.

    WORK STUDY TRAINING CHECKLIST

MISSION OF THE E.L. KELLERMAN LANGUAGE LAB:

Our mission is to enable professors and students to meet their language technology needs.  This takes many forms: helping a student make an audio recording, recording a foreign language program from the satellite, helping a professor, put together a video project, or video-taping a class.

KNOW HOW TO DO THE FOLLOWING THINGS:

_______Turn the big screen off and on in Gailor Auditorium and Sympodium in LL

_______Show a DVD on the big screen.

_______Show a VHS tape on the big screen.

_______Display the laptop on the screen.

_______Safely replace and check out Macbooks and iPads from the laptop cart.

_______Help people find their lab work. (Blackboard, LRC’s website, textbook website)

_______Make a recording on Garage Band, Voice Record Pro and convert it to an MP3.

_______Turn off and on the Smartboard monitors and computers.

_______Use the color scanner and send emails with printer.

_______Clear paper jams in photocopier.

_______Set up Rosetta Stone

_______Opening and Closing the Language Lab and Gailor

_______How to find and use Yabla/Lo Mas TV

_______How to use the tripod and video camera to record classes and lectures

REMINDERS:

CLOSING UP:

-Shut down all computers and turn off everything. Return Macbooks to their cart and plug them into charge