From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nance, Heidi L
Sent: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 5:00 PM
To: Borrow Direct Policy Group <[log in to unmask]>; Borrow Direct Systems Group <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; Peter Bae <[log in to unmask]>; Jim LeBlanc <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]; Collins, Peter D. <[log in to unmask]>; David W. Sturges <[log in to unmask]>; David W. Sturges <[log in to unmask]>; Nadav Manes, Boaz <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Update > BorrowDirect Shared Index Project

Hello BorrowDirect Colleagues!

I’m pleased to be able to give a brief progress update on the BorrowDirect Shared Index project.

The BorrowDirect Shared Index Working Group (BDSIWG) has been hard at work finalizing the Request for Proposal (RFP) for a consultant to assist us with this project. The core RFP language was finalized today and I will work with the University of Pennsylvania Library to issue the RFP in the near future.

The BDSIWG is also preparing a governance document to guide our work. This document outlines our thoughts for soliciting feedback from project stakeholders and proposes a decision-making process. Once we finalize that language – we are close! - we plan to share it out with the BorrowDirect Policy, BorrowDirect Systems, Ivy Plus Collection Development (CD), and Technical Services (TS) groups to invite feedback before it is sent to the University Librarians for final approval.

This is a tremendously exciting project and I look forward to sharing more information as our work unfolds.

Please let me know if you have any questions? I will also share this with Galadriel Chilton (Ivy Plus, Director of Collections Initiatives) for dissemination to the Ivy Plus CD and TS groups.

All the best,

Heidi, on behalf of the BDSIWG

Members of the Borrow Direct Shared Index Working Group include:

·        Rob Cartolano (Columbia) – Chair

·        Peter Bae (Princeton)

·        Joyce Bell (Princeton)

·        Peter Collins (Penn)

·        Marty Kurth (Yale)

·        Jim Le Blanc (Cornell)

·        Elisabeth Long (Chicago)

·        Tim McGeary (Duke)

·        Boaz Nadav-Manes (Brown)

·        Heidi Nance (Ivy Plus Libraries Partnership)

·        David Sturges (Dartmouth)

Heidi Nance

Director of Resource Sharing Initiatives

Ivy Plus Libraries

425.245.2734 | mobile

To unsubscribe from the DARTMOUTH-BORROWDIRECT-GROUP list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=DARTMOUTH-BORROWDIRECT-GROUP