The DOC is hosting its FIRST annual USED GEAR SALE this fall on Tuesday, September 19th from 12-4 in Collis Common Ground!

This sale will give us a chance to recycle used gear within our community, as well as give '21s a chance to purchase some affordable gear that will help them get outside with us during their time at Dartmouth!

If you have any old gear you'd like to donate before you leave campus for the summer, or can bring gear from home that you and your family don't use anymore before fall term starts, we'd really appreciate it! There are two donation bins inside Robo on the benches just past all of the OPO offices. If you have larger items to donate, send myself or Carolyn McShea an email, and we can set up a time to meet you and grab your donations.

This sale is specifically targeting beginner-friendly gear, but we will take anything you're willing to give us!

We'll also blitz out soon about a day in the Fall that we'll take gear on consignment, meaning that you'll sell your used gear to us that is maybe too nice to simply donate. If that item is sold, then we'll send a check to your Hinman box. If it is not sold, we'll blitz you, and you'll have a week to come pick it up from us. If you don't pick it up, we'll donate it.

Some items we're looking for specifically:
- outdoor clothing: fleece, puffy, or shell jackets and pants, non-cotton base layers
- hiking boots
- climbing shoes
- sleeping bags and pads
- headlamps
- backpacks
- helmets
- dry tops

If you're at all interested in helping with this sale - either helping us sort and price gear or publicizing for the event, contact Carolyn McShea at [log in to unmask]

Thanks all!
Laura