Come portage with us!

What's Portage?

Portage is a CnT tradition in which we carry a singular canoe up Mt. Washington, paddle around Lakes of the Clouds, pose triumphantly for photos on the summit, and generally confuse lots of tourists. Then the canoe is driven back down the auto road and we hike down freed from our burdens.

Inline image 1

Come help carry a canoe with us! Feel free to blitz the leaders with questions.

To sign up, put your name on the google docs linked in the descriptions below!

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAYWhat: Portage Overnight!
When: 8pm-8pm Fri-Sat
Why: Portage is a CnT Tradition where we schlep a canoe up Mt. Washington and paddle in the Lakes of the Clouds. Then, we drop the canoe off at the summit to be driven away and hike back down! It's going to be a ton of fun with some seriously surreal paddling at high elevation, and a great crew! Sign up here if you want to leave Friday evening and stay at a cabin. Sign up below if you want to leave campus Saturday Morning!
Level: 3.5 It's only 8 miles and the pace will be very slow, but we'll be carrying a (lightweight) canoe (in shifts) and gaining a fair bit of elevation.
Leaders: Dev Jhaveri and Katie Moody
Cost: $7 DOC, $11 Not-Yet-DOC
Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LH4-2cNiD5CiwiHcJnss05XawGaB3gATTWF5VjL5tvo/edit?usp=sharing
SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAYWhat: Portage!
When: 6AM to 8PM Saturday
Why: See the other portage description!
Level: There's this great description that's typed out in the other portage section!
Leaders: Rachel Matsumoto
Cost: $6DOC $10 Not-Yet-DOC
Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QX6lSznN6_aqhHoz4Xand_xuzruaEinFAI4W_u0KgPg/edit?usp=sharing

Sign up to get financial aid on any DOC-related activity: http://outdoors-dev.dartmouth.edu/opo/finaid.html