Dear Colleagues:

I wanted to take this opportunity to remind everyone of the OSP deadline policy which is designed to assure a thorough and timely review of proposals and a successful submission.      The policy was designed to provide the maximum amount of flexibility in terms of working on scientific portions of the application which can be revised up to the two day window prior to the deadline or later, with approval from the OSP Director.

Please note that all administrative components are to be routed 7 business days before the deadline.    We have noticed a trend lately of making adjustments to the budget and other components well past the two day deadline.   We would like to remind you that budgets are estimates and in the vast majority of cases, sponsors allow a wide degree of rebudgeting without prior approval.   As such, please approach your budgets with that in mind and finalize all budgets for submission as soon as possible and no later than the 2 day window.  Any exception to the 2 day window will be contingent upon all pieces other than the research being finalized when the exception is granted.

I also want to let you know that due to multiple medical leaves and other absences, the Preaward team will be very short staffed during the next 6 - 8 weeks.   We will endeavor to meet all needs, but please plan for slower responses.

Please contact me or Heather Arnold (Associate Director) if you have questions or concerns.

Thank you.  Enjoy the beautiful New England summer.

Jill Mortali
Director, Office of Sponsored Projects
Dartmouth College
11 Rope Ferry Road
Hanover NH 0375
603-646-0678

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~osp/submitting/deadlines.html

OSP Proposal Submission Deadlines - Dartmouth College<http://www.dartmouth.edu/~osp/submitting/deadlines.html>
www.dartmouth.edu
Effective Date: Proposals submitted for deadlines on or after February 1, 2009. Proposal Submission Deadline Policy. All applications to external sponsors for funding ...