To view this newsletter in a browser, visit:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A2=GRAD;2e78555c.1706p

To ensure that this newsletter is delivered to your inbox, add

Logo
Graduate Studies Listserv:
In this Newsletter:

Apply now to be a live-in advisor to undergraduate students
| DCAL's Teaching Community | Do your own career self-assessment this summer | Subscription Details
Apply now to be a live-in advisor to undergraduate students

Are you a faculty member, fellow, post-doc, staff member, or graduate or professional school student? Are you interested in working with undergrads?

Consider applying to be a live-in advisor for our Living Learning Communities! Advise students on a particular topic, collaborate with other advisors, gain valuable skills, and live on campus "for free" (i.e. as your compensation).

To apply: Review which positions are available by visiting the Living Learning Community website https://students.dartmouth.edu/living-learning/get-involved/how-get-involved/llc-live-advisors

By navigating around the website, you can also learn more about all of our Living Learning Communities and other ways to get involved.

Application deadline for new applicants: July 5, 2017
Application deadline for re-applications: July 5, 2017

Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants selected for interviews will be notified.

Questions? Email [log in to unmask] or call 603.646.0080.

DCAL's Teaching Community

DCAL's Teaching Community
DCAL's Learning Community for Future Faculty
Date:
Monday, July 10, 2017
Time:
12:00pm - 1:30pm
Location:
DCAL, 102 Baker Library
Campus:
DCAL
Categories:
DCAL

http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/2697938

In order to cultivate a community focused on teaching and learning amongst graduate students and postdocs, DCAL has established a Learning Community for Future Faculty (LCFF). The focus of this group is to share the rewards and challenges of college teaching, while digging a bit deeper into best practices and techniques for teaching. The LCFF meets monthly on the 2nd Monday of the month.

Do your own career self-assessment this summer

Do your own self-assessment this summer

Straight from the myIDP website:

http://myidp.sciencecareers.org/

You have put a lot of time and effort into pursuing your PhD degree. Now it's time to focus on how to leverage your expertise into a satisfying and productive career. An individual development plan (IDP) helps you explore career possibilities and set goals to follow the career path that fits you best.

myIDP provides:

Exercises to help you examine your skills, interests, and values
A list of 20 scientific career paths with a prediction of which ones best fit your skills and interests
A tool for setting strategic goals for the coming year, with optional reminders to keep you on track
Articles and resources to guide you through the process

There is no charge to use this site and we encourage you to return as often as you wish. To learn more about the value of IDPs for scientists, read the first article in our myIDP series.

Subscription Details

You are subscribed to Graduate Studies Listserv. To unsubscribe, visit:
https://LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=GRAD&A=1

37 Dewey Field Road, Suite 437
Dartmouth College
Hanover, NH 03755