Dear Colleagues:

If you thought CALICO in Flagstaff was amazing in May, you should definitely come to Tempe in October!  AZCALL is extending its call for presentations for our fourth conference through June 14.  That means you have two entire weeks, post-academic term, to get us a proposal for a 30-minute presentation or poster on CALL, applied linguistics research involving technology, online learning, and other appropriate topics.  All proposals for papers/poster sessions should have a well-defined theoretical basis or conceptual framework and be strongly connected to existing research in SLA theory, CALL theory, L2 pedagogy, or other appropriate field.

We actively encourage joint proposals from faculty and student teams; AZCALL is a great venue to get your feet wet in presenting your research and that of your students.

If that weren’t enough, we’re delighted that Nelleke van Deusen-Scholl will be our keynote speaker.  Dr. van Deusen-Scholl is an accomplished scholar in the field of applied linguistics and technology, and is currently the Director of the Center for Language Study at Yale University.

You can find more information on the conference at https://sites.google.com/asu.edu/azcall2017/home and abstract submissions at https://sites.google.com/asu.edu/azcall2017/abstract-submission .

We look forward to seeing you in Arizona in October!

Best,

a.

--

Andrew F. Ross, PhD

Clinical Associate Professor

Head, Learning Support Services

School of International Letters & Cultures

Arizona State University

PO Box 870202

Tempe, AZ 85287

(480) 965-1099