Hey Folks!

If you've ever wanted to try out woodsmens, now is a really great time to do it! At the end of this term (June 5th, the finals make-up day), the Dartmouth Woodsmens Team is going to be hosting a casual MiniMeet. To make things more fun, the teams for this competition will be J&J pairs (see below) and one member has to be new* to woodsmens when they sign up!
That means once you sign up you have the rest of term to learn the 5 events with your partner at our practices

The winning pair will receive a pair of Granfors Brüks hatchets, and we'll have a cookout after the competition finishes!

If you want to come to a practice and see if you like it, we have beginner friendly practices this Thursday 9:30-12Friday 3:30-6, and Saturday 10-12:30.

SIGN UP HERE
(Signups close this Saturday Night)
Also, if you want to compete, but don't have a partner, blitz me and we can find you someone to compete with.

I've put a list of events, team making rules, and a rough practice schedule below.

FTD,
Marshall
w.marshall.wilson.17@dartmouth.edu

Rough practice schedule (subject to some changes; we blitz out to the DOC-Woodsmen listserv before every practice):
Tuesdays, 4-6
Thursdays, 9:30-12
Fridays, 3-6
Saturdays, 10-12:30

Events:
  1. Crosscut - 4 cookies on 8x8in wood
  2. H-chop - a 6x6 block and an 8x8 block
  3. Splitting - Barrel split, 1 piece each
  4. Log Rolling
  5. Pulp toss - Highest score in 4 minutes

Team-making rules:
  1. J&J pairs. That means 2 competitors, 2 genders.
  2. At least one of the competitors must be "new" to woodsmens. They can't have ever come to a meet before or more than 3 practices before signing up
    • The new member also must have at least one more year at Dartmouth (graduating seniors should find a partner from a younger class!)
    • Once you're signed up, practice away! you have the rest of term to learn your events.
    • Both competitors can be new if you want. All practices are beginner-friendly, and leaders will be around to teach all the events at practices

To unsubscribe from the DOC-NORDIC list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=DOC-NORDIC