Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - UV-BIRDERS Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

I have felt "abandoned" by the birds for months now - big reduction in
frequency of need to refill feeders -- like, nothing for weeks.  Even went
out and bought all new seed and thoroughly cleaned the feeders thinking
there was something wrong with my offerings of mainly sunflower seed and
some more expensive "special mix" concoctions that seemed to appeal even
less than the black oil.

A few Black-capped Chickadees - not nearly as many as usual, Blue
Jays, Red-breasted Nuthatches, less-frequent White-Breasted Nuthatch,
Tufted Titmouse, Hairy and Downy Woodpeckers, no Mourning Doves until
mid-March, occasional sprinkling of Dark-eyed Juncoes and, a few times in
March, a couple of American Goldfinches.  Usually, each winter, 1 or 2
Chipping Sparrows visit from time to time but have seen none this year; no
Pine Siskins either.  Almost never get Redpolls anyway.  Even the regular
visits of Ruffed Grouse to my crabapple tree have seemed less this winter.
Some years, we have had 2-3 simultaneously "tight-rope walking" the finer
branches seeking the last of the little apples.  On January  26th, a gang
of robins with a few Cedar Waxwings and 2 Goldfinches blasted through.  In
mid-December, we were delighted by two pairs plus a single (unusually
light-red yet definitely all-red) male Cardinal - they hung out 3even
during snowstorms in the lilac bush near sunflower feeder for extended
periods mid-December and much of January; then, pretty much vanished but,
whaddaya know?, a single pair is here again right this minute.  Haven't
seen a single owl all winter.

Connie Snyder

 No Purple Finches, no Pine Siskins, no Common Redpolls. No Evening
Grosbeaks (for years now). The level in my thistle feeder never changed
since I put it up. I did go through quite a bit of black-oil sunflower and
my third feeder with a mix of sunflower, cracked corn and millet was
emptied regularly. This was owing mostly to Blue Jays, which at times
numbered over twenty. A smaller group of Mourning Doves and the American
Tree Sparrows kept the ground below the feeders clean. I also kept two suet
feeders going. Gray Squirrels outnumbered Red Squirrels for the first time.
Kind of a boring and light year as well.   Jeff​