Standing in my drive about 1:45, I heard a raven's "croak" overhead. Looking skyward, I saw not one but two ravens harassing a red-tailed hawk. I was watching them weave and circle when movement to their left caught my eye. Suddenly, another red-tailed hawk wheeled into the sparring match. The four circled briefly, and then the hawk pair flew north over the hill behind the house, quickly disappearing behind the treeline. The ravens headed off to the south.

About 45 minutes later, I again heard a raven's call and looked up to see three ravens drifting on the wind currents. It quickly became clear, one of them was not welcome. It was in short order driven off by the other two
Blake AllisonLyme, NH 03768-3322

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]