To view this newsletter in a browser, visit:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A2=GRAD;fad75bb9.1704p

To ensure that this newsletter is delivered to your inbox, add

Logo
Graduate Studies Listserv:
In this Newsletter:

Sign-up for Events During Graduate Appreciation Week! | Job Opportunity for Business Insights Analyst, Pharmaceutical Market Research | A few good events... | Spring Employer Fair Today! | Fireside Chat with Minority Business Owners | Subscription Details
Sign-up for Events During Graduate Appreciation Week!

Graduate Student Appreciation Week
April 10-15, 2017
In recognition of graduate students and their
valuable contribution to the Dartmouth community.

Underrepresented Minority Graduate Student Lunch
Monday, April 10 @ 12 noon
53 Commons, Room 204

Join Assistant Dean of Recruiting and Diversity Jane Seibel and fellow graduate students
in a discussion about navigating graduate school as an underrepresented minority
graduate student at Dartmouth. Sign-up for the URM lunch
at http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/3232441

STEPS Report from Congressional Visit Day
Tuesday April 11th, 1pm Haldeman 124

STEPS is sending a delegation to participate in a Congressional Visit Day the first week of April. We will be reporting back what we learned about communicating science to policy makers
and our experiences on Capitol Hill. We will also be talking about the future prospects
of science funding from our discussions with our representatives.
As always, we will provide lunch to those who rsvp on Facebook or by email to [log in to unmask] https://www.facebook.com/events/1038668602905514/

Graduate Poster Session
Tuesday, April 11, 5-7:30 pm
Alumni Hall
This annual forum allows graduate students to display and present their scholarly work to the Dartmouth community. Prizes awarded to the top four presenters.
The Poster Session will also host the award ceremony for the Graduate Faculty Mentoring Award and the Graduate Community Award.

Outstanding Grad Student Teacher Appreciation Lunch
Thursday, April 13, 12-1:30 pm in DCAL (102 Baker Library)
Graduate students who have been nominated by undergraduates for their teaching, either in a classroom or research setting, will be invited to lunch at DCAL.

IGMP Social
One Wheelock
Wednesday, April 12, 7-9 pm
Please join the International Graduate Mentorship Program (IGMP) for a social gathering in honor of the graduate appreciation week. We will be having pizza, beer and desserts at One Wheelock in Collis. This event is open to all graduate students not just international students. We look forward to seeing you all.

Yoga for Graduate Students
Thursday, April 13, 2017
Sarner Underground, 2-3 pm

Graduate Appreciation Week is all about celebrating our graduate students, and what better way to celebrate, then to begin the day with some yoga! This class will be taught free of charge by a member of our graduate community, Lydia Shahi. In addition to pursuing her studies, Lydia teaches yoga at Hanover's Mighty Yoga Studio. Everyone is welcome to attend, and space is only limited by the space available in the building. A light breakfast will be provided following the yoga session.

It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothing that is easy to move in as well as a towel or yoga mat to practice on during the session. Please direct all questions or comments to the North Park Activities Coordinator at [log in to unmask] We hope to see you there!

Navigating Graduate School
Friday, April 14, 12-1:30 pm
31 Haldeman
Senior graduate students, from multiple academic programs, share their tips and strategies for having a successful graduate school experience. Sign-up at http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/3161861. Lunch provided.

Open Mic Night 4.0
Friday, April 14, 7-10 pm
One Wheelock

Happy Grad Appreciation Week! The One Wheelock stage is yours on April 14 between 7 PM and 10 PM! Come sing, play an instrument, read a piece of your writing, do a monologue/comedy sketch, lip synch battle with a friend or just stop by for a night of entertainment!

Cold craft beers, refreshments and snacks await! To perform, or book a slot for your "act", please blitz the Graduate Student Activities Coordinator, Preetha Sebastian. Also contact Preetha for sound, or instrument-related questions. Alternatively sign up at the door, but signing up ahead of time is preferred to make time for everyone.

Please don't hesitate to contact Preetha with any other questions, comments or concerns. Don't forget to bring your Dartmouth IDs! You must be 21 to drink.

Here is the link to the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1633414496675862/

Take your Faculty to Coffee at Morano’s

Happy Grad Appreciation Week! It's the perfect time for you to take your time to take your advisor to coffee, and it's ON US! To show you some #DartGRADLove, we want to give you the opportunity to talk to your advisor in a non-academic setting. Come by our office on 37 Dewey Field Road during grad appreciation week and pick up two coffee gift cards to Morano Gelato - one for you and one for your advisor! Come by before we run out of gift cards, and have a great time!

Job Opportunity for Business Insights Analyst, Pharmaceutical Market Research

Business Insights Analyst, Pharmaceutical Market Research
Decision Resources Group (www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com) is the premier provider of analysis, insight, and data on the significant issues facing the biopharmaceutical industry. Each year the world's leading biopharma companies turn to Decision Resources Group (DRG) for their strategic planning, market development, technology management, and competitive intelligence requirements.
We are seeking a motivated Business Insights Analysts to join the talented team at DRG. This is a fundamental role that requires experience in three broad functions: 1) research and writing; 2) project management and execution, and 3) external interface/client interactions. The Business Insights Analyst will be responsible for projects in one or more therapeutic areas.
The positions will be based in DRG’s Burlington or Boston Massachusetts offices.
The Role:
Research and Writing Capabilities
• Conducts primary research via interviews and surveys with medical and healthcare experts.
• Critically analyzes and interprets complex clinical data and commercial information from a multitude of
sources, and draws conclusions to provide analyses and build market forecasts.
• Translates domain/therapeutic expertise and primary secondary market research data into knowledge
and insights for client needs; effectively communicates these insights to the appropriate audience.
• Uses sound judgment regarding project scope, breadth of coverage and creativity in project design.
Project Management and Execution
• With minimal supervision, prioritizes and manages the execution of multiple projects.
• Ensures deliverables are of high quality and on time.
• Identifies problems in advance and recommends solutions.
• Demonstrates sound decision-making ability.
External Interface/Client Interactions
• Fields client queries and ad hoc requests with minimal supervision.
• Interacts with, develops and maintains productive relationships with clients.
• Builds client presentations with minimal supervision and presents research insights via client meetings,
webinars and analyst calls.
• Shows strong grasp of complex commercial issues in communication with clients.
Qualifications:
• Advanced degree (MA, MBA, MS, or Ph.D. in life sciences, social sciences or statistics) and/or relevant experience in the biopharma, healthcare, market research, or financial sector is required.
• In-depth knowledge of at least one therapeutic area is required.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and objectively in written and spoken English.
• A flexible and collaborative approach to work.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Ability to interact and build relationships with co-workers and clients.
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.

Megan Gahagan
(Megan Droelle)
Senior Recruiter, Human Resources
+1 (862) 261-1907 Direct
[log in to unmask] (New)
[log in to unmask] (Old)

DRG Logo
Decision Resources Group
5 Wood Hollow Road, Parsippany NJ 07054
decisionresourcesgroup.com

A few good events...

Theses and Dissertations: Know Your Copy Rights & Author Rights

Theses and Dissertations: Know Your Copy Rights & Author Rights
Date: Tuesday, April 4, 2017; Time: 12:00pm - 1:30pm (includes lunch)
Location: DCAL, 102 Baker Library
http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/3175241 Learn about your copy rights, author rights, and responsibilities throughout the stages of the thesis or dissertation research and writing process. Find out when you need permission to reuse a figure from a journal article, what uses you can make of data generated in your lab, and how to determine if you have rights to reprint a journal article you authored. We will use case studies drawn from the subject areas in which Dartmouth offers Masters and Doctoral degrees. This workshop is geared towards graduate students but is useful for thesis and dissertation advisors. Bring your examples and questions!

3 Min Research Presentation

PRACTICE FOR YOUR POSTER PRESENTATION ON APRIL 11TH!

Learning to present your research in three minutes is especially important for networking at conferences and interviewing for postdoc positions and industry jobs.

The Grad and Advanced Studies Office is offering a workshop where graduate students present their research to their (smart, but not expert) peers and receive feedback on both their explanation of their topic and their presentation skills. At the end of the session, the group will cast their vote on the best presenter for a prize. Please note: no computers/ no power point. Just graduate students speaking from memory.

Location: 37 Dewey, Suite 437 GRAD Office

Feel free to bring your own lunch