To view this newsletter in a browser, visit:
https://listserv.dartmouth.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A2=GRAD;274085ea.1704p

To ensure that this newsletter is delivered to your inbox, add

Logo
Graduate Studies Listserv:
In this Newsletter:

DCAL’s Learning Community for Future Faculty - 8 Things to know about Assessment and Student Learning | Underrepresented Minority Graduate Student Lunch | STEPS Report from Congressional Visit Day | Navigating Graduate School
| | Subscription Details
DCAL’s Learning Community for Future Faculty - 8 Things to know about Assessment and Student Learning

DCAL’s Learning Community for Future Faculty - 8 Things to know about Assessment and Student Learning
Monday April 10, noon, DCAL
Lunch included, please register: http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/2697935

In order to cultivate a community focused on teaching and learning amongst graduate students and postdocs, DCAL has established a Learning Community for Future Faculty (LCFF). The focus of this group is to share the rewards and challenges of college teaching, while digging a bit deeper into best practices and techniques for teaching. This month we’ll talk about 8 things to know about assessment and student learning.

Underrepresented Minority Graduate Student Lunch

Underrepresented Minority Graduate Student Lunch
Monday, April 10 @ 12 noon
53 Commons, Room 204

Join Assistant Dean of Recruiting and Diversity Jane Seibel and fellow graduate students
in a discussion about navigating graduate school as an underrepresented minority
graduate student at Dartmouth. Sign-up for the URM lunch
at http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/3232441

STEPS Report from Congressional Visit Day

STEPS Report from Congressional Visit Day
Tuesday April 11th, 1pm Haldeman 124

STEPS is sending a delegation to participate in a Congressional Visit Day the first week of April. We will be reporting back what we learned about communicating science to policy makers
and our experiences on Capitol Hill. We will also be talking about the future prospects
of science funding from our discussions with our representatives.
As always, we will provide lunch to those who rsvp on Facebook or by email to [log in to unmask] https://www.facebook.com/events/1038668602905514/

Navigating Graduate School

Navigating Graduate School
Friday, April 14, 12-1:30 pm
31 Haldeman
Senior graduate students, from multiple academic programs, share their tips and strategies for having a successful graduate school experience. Sign-up at http://libcal.dartmouth.edu/event/3161861. Lunch provided.

Subscription Details

You are subscribed to Graduate Studies Listserv. To unsubscribe, visit:
https://LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=GRAD&A=1

37 Dewey Field Road, Suite 437
Dartmouth College
Hanover, NH 03755