Hi all, I teach a course on technology and SLA which is required for our Foreign Language Ed. MA and SLA Ph.D programs. Next semester I have an audit whose focus is ASL. I am extremely interested and excited about exploring the research in this area but I'm not sure where to start since we don't have anyone doing that type of work currently here at the University of Iowa.

Does anyone have people in their department doing SLA for ASL (with or without technology focus) that I could reach out to? How does your LLC support the ASL program in your departments through technology support, acquisition and use of video, etc.? Use of technology for teaching and researching acquisition/learning of ASL is of specific interest but I'll start anywhere.

Thanks!

Brianna

Brianna Janssen Sánchez
Director–Language Media Center